• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Front and rear diff. Grease?

Deluge

With my electrics I usually check the diffs at 8 pack intervals. I use white lithium grease on the crown gears and silicone diff fluid for the diffs themselves.

G

Yes it is the same for the gassers. Lithium on the gears and fluid in the diff. The factory uses some kind of mystery black sludge in the diff that needs to be cleaned out.

G

I fill mine full.

Cajun

Now that is something I haven't taken apart on my XT, I would love a pic or 2 so when I attempt this and have been drinking I don't f it up. might have to do a youtube search

Tehlugz

yikes, guys seriously get a plate or some kind of tray if you'e going to pop your stock diff fluid out it's like unicorn blood or something it'll gum up anything it touches

be prepared.

i wasn't >.>

the only thing i have that will touch it is my hpi nitro cleaner but even that wont dissolve it it just loosens it up

i have a tip for anyone trying to clean it out, leave it propped up over night and let gravity do the hard part!

i'll be glad when i squirt some proper silicone in there, i've chosen 5k for now because i'm sure the front diff is causing me to under-steer like mad

or it could just be my crappy tires.. they're next!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts