• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fried Hitec servo being replaced

vpalace

Just an update for those that read my earlier post about my Hitec 5765 catching on fire. Just got word from Hitec that it was replaced under warranty and shipped out yesterday. Good news for once!

Now I still don't know what the hell caused it to malfunction.

vpalace

It's 1 year from the dre of purchase. I had to fill out a form, include a copy of my invoice and send that and the servo back. 11 days total from when I sent it.

Stygian

Banned
Glad you got it covered under warranty. I hate having to fill out warranty forms I'm a firm believer that the company should fill it out for you over the phone when creating you a rma.

vpalace

This must happen often, as the site has a special page setup to help expedite the process. Now unfortunately I will get this next week, but I'm having surgery on Wednesday and will be out of commission for about 4 weeks.

vpalace

Lolol. Date!

I'm having gastric bypass surgery. Been a big dude all my life and struggled just as long to lose the weight. Finally decided to have this done so I can add a few more years to my sentence, lol. It was a long process to get it done, but it's finally here.

Stygian

Banned
What I would've done would've been just ordered a new one then asked them to refund the purchase of the new one when they got the other one back most companies don't mind doing something like that. I know places like newegg do it all the time.

Stygian

Banned
vpalace said:
Lolol. Date!I'm having gastric bypass surgery. Been a big dude all my life and struggled just as long to lose the weight. Finally decided to have this done so I can add a few more years to my sentence, lol. It was a long process to get it done, but it's finally here.
Aahh, well hope it goes well. I guy at work had the surgery done, only thing he was able to eat for awhile was liquids and really small amounts.

vpalace

Yep, been on clear liquids for 2 weeks so far and this will continue for 4 weeks after. Solid food at week 5 and I will be lucky to get down 4oz. Minimal food intake equals extreme weight loss.

Stygian

Banned
Right, but if you lose it not good for you, you should try to workout a little if you can to kinda fill the space with muscle if possible to minimize the amount of access skin.

vpalace

I appreciate the advice, but honestly, I didn't jump into this decision without fully researching. I've been going through the process of getting approved for almost a year. And before that have talked and talked and met with physicians the ought the country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts