• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Flysky fs-gt3b charger

rampage idiot

Any one using a charger on your fs-gt3b ? which one or am I better off taking batteries out and using that type charger. Thanks

cordy

I pull the batterys out and chage them on my radio shack chargers for my gt3.

alfred e numan

I charge the same way cordy does. I bought a portable charger - a Prophet plus 2. ac-dc input, i leave it on the 1 amp setting. Went to radio shack and sprung for the battery holders- i also use this charger to refresh 4 to 8 aaa -s for the flashlights i buy at the dollar store- have holders for c and d size for other flash lights- mag-lites- ect-ect. Tower hobbies is close to you, it can be bought cheaper than tower, but you will get it quick tru these guys. The Prophets a nice little unit that will pay for its self in battery savings. If you surf to MCM electronics they some times have good deals on NMh battries- bought a bunch of aa size for 1 dollar each- They also sell battries with solder tabs so i can make my own packs for the cars. When you are poor - ya gotta improvise- nice spelling!!

Triggerman77

Contributor
+1 same as Cordy got rid of the NiMH and picked up some L-Ion rechargeables and charger have not charged but one time they still holding strong and I run my Boat, and MT

rampage idiot

Thanks again guys. Alfred I have that same prophet charger you telling me I can just buy the battery holders, what type terminals do they use on the holders

alfred e numan

holders

some of the battery holders have a built in connector for a 9 volt battery clip, others just have wires. radio shack should also have the connector to fit on the charger. ya know, years ago- every time i drove by a golf course i thought of my Honda cr 500 with fresh knobbies mounted up-- Now that i am into 1/5 th scale- i not only think about the fifth scale cars- i run them when i can get away with it!!! early in the mornings before any ones up and about. recall caddyshack?- the scene where the judge says to the irish dude- do you know what Gophers can do to a golf course?? Redcats!? LOL!

alfred e numan

all jokeing aside, my reasoning for charging out of electronic devices is because all batterys outgas when charged, and the little ones we all use heat up, things can happen if a battery shorts- or if the chager goes haywire. the chargers internal fuse will save the charger- but when a ni-cad or nmh battery whiskers over-- shorts out- any thing can happen. a concrete floor or bricks lessens the risk of fire.

rampage idiot

I appreciate the info I am going to radio shack tomorrow and see what they have and your right it would be really kool to tear up with an rc on a golf course LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts