• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Flm hardened cups

Whozenext

Hello,

I don't know but I'm wondering if FLM made a set for the Xseries, but on the website I cannot find them, do you know if they still produce the driveshaft.

Cheers.

Whoz.

Silent_chaos

Purchased one. I will answer this question myself and hope to solve this problem.

If it is bigger in diameter I will machine turn it.

As a perfectionist, I wasn't much convinced about the solutions of inserting a fuel line or fitting copper on the cup. Lets see how this thing will turn out. Will post pics when done

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

So guys, this is the difference between FLM Diff cups and the redcat stock.

As explained above the CVDs were just falling because something is wrong (dunno what) they keep slipping out of the cups (only the rears), the fronts are just fine.

Any idea if this might fit with mods?

Maybe enlargening the rear diff housing hole or turning the diff cup?

The length is just 2 mm longer and 2mm wider in diameter

Thanks

Silent_chaos

Another pic highlighting the holes. I can turn with a turning mashine and trim a bit from the top length if the length creates a problem.

The holes almost align (if you compare the the start of the rod).

I hope that small hole misalignment will not make any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

thats a beefy drive cup. what is the intend diff box it goes into? losi?

cutting it down, i don't know , may loss some toughness if cut... i think fitting the intended gear diff in the box would might be easier and gain tremendous drive toughness, even if you did the breakage point would be further up the drive line like pinions / center diff components. plus the degree of misfit would just destroy something else.

was the original problem dogbone length? is it on original chassis?

addressing these elements may keep it simple rather than a difficult mod.

if so, maybe redrill the outer A arms' pin shaft holes to bring in carrier close to diff ...a cheap plastic trial run first will tell u alot

Silent_chaos

phreerider said:
thats a beefy drive cup. what is the intend diff box it goes into? losi?cutting it down, i don't know , may loss some toughness if cut... i think fitting the intended gear diff in the box would might be easier and gain tremendous drive toughness, even if you did the breakage point would be further up the drive line like pinions / center diff components. plus the degree of misfit would just destroy something else.

was the original problem dogbone length? is it on original chassis?

addressing these elements may keep it simple rather than a difficult mod.

if so, maybe redrill the outer A arms' pin shaft holes to bring in carrier close to diff ...a cheap plastic trial run first will tell u alot
It is made for the Baja.

I tried fitting it on. But had no luck.

I do have the FLM dogbones and cups.

Since in the rear I was having length issues, i ended up adding washers the push the pin even more inside the diff cup.

And no, nothing on my truck is original. Lol

phreerider

ok i remember this. the spacers looks ok

the length issues with regular(dogbone /cups) rears as well? or is it just running fronts on the rear like in the current set up.

Silent_chaos

I tried contacting phatdad and asked him if he can fabricate CVDs out of 300M American steel. He said that the redcat market isn't big enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts