• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FLM driveline parts

Knuckles

Just ordered the FLM driveline parts and the are shipping tomorrow. The only thing is that the cvd comes with a 6mm end, but if they put them into production the will make the 10mm ends. If any of you x series guys are interested you might want to send an email to fastlane machine and tell Jamie you are interested. I think that will possibly push them into production. I have FLM driveline parts in all of my vehicles and can say they are top notch.

krebidoux

the only problem with flm i find is when your on the canuck side of the border it takes forever to get your parts. i order from ddm and i get my stuff in about 2 weeks, tgn about the same. the last time i ordered from flm it took about 2 months to get my parts and i have a order i'm waiting on right now and it's at the 1 month mark. i always ship usps so it's not the shipping method it must be the shipper. even when i ship from hong kong or china i get my stuff in about 2 weeks. but flm's stuff is top notch.

krebidoux

They are, and It's been a month so far. First time I ordered and this time I went through my lhs

Obeast44

Banned
Just IMO, You don't need the 10mm stubs. The switch to 10mm was a band aid solution to a problem created by using hollow CVD cup shafts. It causes serious issues you if you want to change to any FG style wheel in the future.

What I had him do was keep the 6mm stub and add 5mm to its length so it will clear 99% of the FG based wheel/tire sets out there. Also with the extra 5mm in length you have more room to double nut, or run a lockwasher with a Nylock nuts. Plus it doesn't interfere with Ramtech adapters :D

I will reiterate, IMO 6mm stub is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckles

I agree you really don't need 10mm, just was giving info that I had. Yes I contacted them direct and was able to get them but if everybody starts sending FLM emails they might produce them on regular basis. IMO

Knuckles

I am going to order 7075 cap style hubs in 6mm, and with the way his hubs are designed it does not matter what size they are. One day my project will be complete.

Obeast44

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
The RAMTech adapter work with either the 6mm or 10mm threads.
Hey Rob, I didn't mean to infer that the Ramtechs won't work with 10mm. If it cam across like that, my fault. I was just stating the extra 5mm in length on the 6mm stubs isn't an issue :)

Knuckles

Wait I am lost, this thread was just to inform about FLM parts, but from what I can see it sounded like Obeast was saying the ram techs are junk I think. IMO, not looking to start trouble though! Hahahahahaha

Obeast44

Banned
Knuckles said:
Wait I am lost, this thread was just to inform about FLM parts, but from what I can see it sounded like Obeast was saying the ram techs are junk I think. IMO, not looking to start trouble though! Hahahahahaha
Haha you dirty dog!

Knuckles

Lol, how are your FLM parts holding up? I just ordered them and did not ask if the set included rear outer axles, did he make them?

xscrick

Banned
7075rc hubs??

so these new axles are available??,, i messaged almost 2 weeks ago from there website about them, havent heard anything from them... but anyway,,, so they are longer where the wheel goes,, like a extended length,,??..if 7075 adapters use 2 set screws like stock and screw onto the axle,,will they even fit since the threads will be sitting further out ?? wouldnt the adapters need to be longer to match ??

Obeast44

Banned
They are holding up just fine, no issues to report at all. The only thing that is longer on them is where the wheel nut goes. the threaded portion on the FLMs it is 5mm longer than stock Redcat. This allows you to use many of the FG sqare driven wheel/tire combos without having to modify them.

G

The question would be on the 7075RC adapters. On 4 screw cap version, the cap might hit the threads before the cap is tight against the wheel.

xscrick

Banned
your exactly correct,,,, either the theads would have to go further back to suppost the 7075rc adapters,, or 7075rc will need to make adapters specifically to fit those axles,,,,,,,,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts