• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FLM Center driveshaft kit

designed2survive

The kit contains both center driveshafts, 2 center diffs cups and 2 outdrives for front and rear differentials.

Any thoughts? Good? Waste of money? Stay with stock center driveshafts?

Thanks!

designed2survive

wildstallion said:
Their life time warranty against breakage seems promising
It does! I'm wondering if it's worth getting them over the stock ones as of course they are more expensive.

wildstallion

RampageHopUps said:
Has anyone broke the stockers? I never hear of a problem with the centers.
But I have read of people breaking outdrives I think, feel free to correct me if I am wrong of course mate. I thought the drives cups were supposed to be a weakness?

RampageHopUps

Out drive cups take a lot of off-angular abuse.

The center drive shafts don't get the same punishment. I'm not sure though, since I have never broken those.

designed2survive

RampageHopUps said:
Out drive cups take a lot of off-angular abuse. The center drive shafts don't get the same punishment. I'm not sure though, since I have never broken those.
That's the thing. I can tell if it is a worthy upgrade or not. On top of that with FLM not producing more of drivetrain stuff for Redcat, I don't want to regret not buying it when it is still available.

Here is the link.

BertR

To be honest with you.. Don't spend the cash on them! I have beat my rig severally for 4 years and the last year with a 5.5hp power plant and have little wear on the pins..

Phill

MTMIKE said:
Just to bad they don't make them for MT.
Or the DR

I haven't broken a centre drive cup but severely damaged one

Luckily I found and replaced it before it let go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts