• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Finally done! My F150 RAMPAGE

ipsagel

Just finished making the rollcage, the modified body mount, and the body painting for my F150 RAMPAGE. Thanks I can now relax this week end.

Ron E

Contributor
a really big erector set... :D

looks good and sturdy. nice truck, we'd love to see some video.

Last edited by a moderator:

ipsagel

fastlane said:
I like that body looks good on the MT. what is that cage made out of?
The cage was made out of a 3/4"x1/8" aluminum angular bars. The joints were fastened with a gusset plate (also made of 1/8" alum plate) by a metal screw.

hamster huey

You joined the forum on 12-22-08? Where ya been? Id like to see more of your good ideas. That cage looks tron-y or robo cop-y.

ipsagel

hamster huey said:
You joined the forum on 12-22-08? Where ya been? Id like to see more of your good ideas. That cage looks tron-y or robo cop-y.
Yup, wish I could but I don't have much time for this hobby at this moment. I have a 2-yr old son that needs most of my time, I'm already fine with my little time doing this hobby. At least I have a variation of time from work and family to my hobby.

rob64n

Contributor
looks good but becareful with that body my dad put one on his put a tough paint job on it and two times on its lid the bed seperated from the cab, bad part was it was suppose to be better than the stock body.

ipsagel

rob64n said:
looks good but becareful with that body my dad put one on his put a tough paint job on it and two times on its lid the bed seperated from the cab, bad part was it was suppose to be better than the stock body.
Thanks for making me aware of it, hope it will not happen to mine because I consider this body to be much more better and stronger than the stock one.

I hope that what happen to your dad's before was just a manufacturing defect.

rob64n

Contributor
not sure but i did notice that the bodies are a little thinner than the redcat bodies, i myself like the redcat ones just because they are thick, it helps bounce them back on there wheels,lol.

ipsagel

rob64n said:
not sure but i did notice that the bodies are a little thinner than the redcat bodies, i myself like the redcat ones just because they are thick, it helps bounce them back on there wheels,lol.
Yeah, I notice that too. But MCD body as I noticed is more flexible than the stock one which is a kind of brittle material. My old stock body cracked the whole bed and broke the front part of it when I hit the gutter slightly while making a turn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts