• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Esp

rampage idiot

Well I got my ESP championship ported upper on tuned it saturday between rains got rained out yesterdy, Just got back from running it an hour and I have one thing to say WOW Deluge it is not a beast, It is a ROCKET on wheels just the sound is so different with the cpi pipe:D I didnt gain much low end but midrange and top end are amazing. YAHOO I like it

rampage idiot

I know been so busy working on the truck I bought a new video camera almost 2 weeks ago and it is still in the box, HA whats that tell ya LOL

G

rampage idiot said:
I know been so busy working on the truck I bought a new video camera almost 2 weeks ago and it is still in the box, HA whats that tell ya LOL
I've had mine a few weeks now. I'm at least a little farther along, I charged it up. LOL

brad1161

Just picked up my ESP champ port today. going to install it tomorrow. I hope i like it as much as everyone else. bot the zen gasket. any other little tips or tricks? Engine has to come out right? Because of pull starter

Deluge

brad1161 said:
Just picked up my ESP champ port today. going to install it tomorrow. I hope i like it as much as everyone else. bot the zen gasket. any other little tips or tricks? Engine has to come out right? Because of pull starter
It's easier with the engine out. There should be a dot/arrow on top of the piston. That dot/arrow goes towards the exhaust port. When you install the piston and put the C clips on, make sure the open end of the clip faces up or down. If the open end is facing either side, it could some loose and ruin your cylinder.

This is what the clips look like...

brad1161

thanks. i wasnt sure i could take the flywheel cover off with engine in truck is all.

rampage idiot

Deluge said:
Yeah, for me it's a pain to install a cylinder kit with the engine still in the vehicle. I just pull them out.
To do it with the engine out is easier and after you take off what I said there are only a few more screws to remove and the engine is out, I was just saying it does not have to come out to do it:eek: I was a flat rate mechanic (technician) for GM for 16 years thats where that comes from LOL

brad1161

put kit in with engine still in. about an hour, maybe. Started on 4th pull. Let engine warm up and shut it down. Dark and rainy outside

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
To do it with the engine out is easier and after you take off what I said there are only a few more screws to remove and the engine is out, I was just saying it does not have to come out to do it:eek: I was a flat rate mechanic (technician) for GM for 16 years thats where that comes from LOL
Yeah, it doesn't have to come out. Just easier for me with the engine out. :D

Deluge

brad1161 said:
put kit in with engine still in. about an hour, maybe. Started on 4th pull. Let engine warm up and shut it down. Dark and rainy outside
Nice! Let us know how you like it. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts