• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESC question for XT-E

cjr1985car

I'm considering an ESC upgrade and leaning towards the Hobbywing 200a max5 8s capable ezrun unit (I've had a few Hobbywing esc's and really like them).

My question:

Can I run this upgraded ESC on 8s with the stock 980kv motor? Will the motor grenade or just keep on trucking. I hear a lot of people upgrading the motor And keeping the stock ESC (150a pro less waterproofing) on 6s, but I haven't heard about people upgrading the ESC to run more voltage and keeping the stock motor.

Please advise.

Thanks!

-Colton

chapinb

If I needed a new esc, I'd be looking at the max5 too.

I can't find the specs listed anywhere, but 8s probably will both put more watts and rpm through it than its rated for. Watch temps and understand it may blow, it may last years.

In any case, a blown motor is a great excuse to drop in a new 5692 leopard.

cjr1985car

Chapinb,

Thats my thought. I'm reducing the pinion to a 9t tonight. I really want to try out that new Max5 ESC. Thanks for the response.

-Colton

MSLR

Did the motor handle the hobbywing 200amp max 5 on 8s.

cjr1985car

Its not a direct drop in, you will need a kershaw XB-E or 7075rc.com XB-E motor mount. I went with a 1000KV setup.

-Colton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts