• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine wont idle with air filter on

bajadave

I put a aluminum intake on with a 813 carb and a velocity stack and a cone shaped air filter. With the air filter off the car idles great when i go to put the air filter on it dies out right away. I tried adjusting the needles high and low and the idle screw itself but it still dies out. This is an brand new rampage mt with a 26cc motor and a half tank gas thru it. Any suggestions Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

The filter has gotta not be letting air through. Clean all the oil out of the filter and see if it will idle with no oil on the filter. If it idles like that then I bet your filter was either clogged with dirt or had way too much oil.

bajadave

yea there was a lot of oil on the velocity stack and on the bottom of the frame now that i think about it. I am going to blow out the filter and will try that thanks.

DemonRC

Most of those cone filters (K&N for example) are not foam and can be damaged with compressed air. Go down to Autozone or another auto store and get some K&N air filter cleaner. It comes in a pump spray. That stuff works great. Just spray it on, let it sit for 10 minutes, and rinse it off.

bajadave

Well that was it too much oil on the filter I cleaned it off and tried it with no oil and she runs great. Thanks for the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts