• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine rampage xt

Erik J.

What brand of stock engine sits on an xt so i can order a new carb for it.

G

It is a HY (hung yang) which is a copy of a CY (Chung yang) any of the carbs that fit a CY or Zenoah will fit.

Erik J.

I also need a good airfilter.if I use the hpi airfilter with a outerwear prefilter do I have to oil the filter because I tend to use to much oil and then the engine bogs.

Erik J.

What is the best carb and airfilter to get for a stock motor from a rampage xt.The only thing i ordered is a ddm dominator but that is on back order so i want to try to get the carb and airfilter before the pipe so when the pipe is here i can tune it so it runs great.

G

The walbro 668 or 990 are both good carbs. The Baja filter is what most guys prefer if you like the dirt. There are a couple of other foam filters that work as well. The k&n filter style look cool but are only good on the pavement.

Erik J.

I have read that the walbro 990 is for tuned engines.i want i new carb because the stock carb tunes not well.when i turn the lsn the hsn needs udjustment to and i cant get a good tune

Deluge

The 990 will be fine. It doesn't have a choke, so starting is a little different. It's easy to over oil air filters. What I do is, put the filter in a zip lock bag with some filter oil and massage it until the filter is fully coated. Then, pull the filter out and wrap it in some paper towels and squeeze out the excess oil. You want to keep squeezing until there's very little air filter oil being left on the paper towels. With this method, the filter gets completely coated without restricting flow.

Erik J.

I think im going for the walbro 990 but with no choke does it start good?here in the netherlands the temp is not high.between 15 and 30 *celcius

G

It requires an extra pull or so but if it's tuned good it starts good. Cooler temps you will want to run it a bit more rich. Some do prefer the 668 for the choke. Both are great carbs.

Erik J.

so this filter with the shreadstack?the inclined shreadstack one what out of stock so I will order the open angled shreadstack

media.jpeg

media.jpeg

/monthly_2012_03/media.jpeg.e1174cf195376927cfef356c2611c34b.jpeg

Erik J.

yes but on the ddm site it was out of stock but there is an open angled plenum shreadstack.can I use that to for the setup with the walbro 990 and the hpi air filter?

G

You can use the HBF discount code at large scale RC also. :)

G

Yes I run those. No power gain, but the stock plastic intake can crack over time causing an air leak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts