• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine options

Darack73

Ok thanks ill take it slow for bit longer then. Any suggestions on a better gear setup than just flipping gears maybe something not as tall?

talunceford

Darack73 said:
I ran the rest of my break in cycle today. Maybe tomorrow i can tune a little still real rich. This thing guzzles gas like crazy. But the last run it started opening it up a bit. Finding some RPMs kinda like a nitro engine would. I flipped the gears already. Making it 25-35 i believe. But one thing for sure is its gonna be fast. Maybe not real quick but fast for sure
Yeah, the thing that I noticed is that during the break in you will eat plugs and fuel. Mine has acceleration like crazy, but with it breaking traction like it does on gravel I have a tough time judging how fast it is. Put it on some wet soil and she flys. Light chassis, high horsepower = one fast bugger. You will dig it for certain.

Darack73

Ya i had a plug go bad on me last night i had a panic. Thought i had messed it up. But a little investigating led me to the plug. Changed it and boom everything fine. Cant wait to really rip this thing. I was looking at 29-31 gears. Think it will get me closer to where i want to be. Gives me two better options of gearing for me. I believe any of the square gears will work For an MT V3. It came square gears.

talunceford

Darack73 said:
Ya i had a plug go bad on me last night i had a panic. Thought i had messed it up. But a little investigating led me to the plug. Changed it and boom everything fine. Cant wait to really rip this thing. I was looking at 29-31 gears. Think it will get me closer to where i want to be. Gives me two better options of gearing for me. I believe any of the square gears will work For an MT V3. It came square gears.
Yeah, plugs are now the first thing I look at when I can't start the engine. Chasing the season changes also suck too. Like the weather this time of year. Last weekend, it was 70 out, and I got it tuned for warmer weather. Well, it snowed tonight LOL!!! Gotta love the weather in Southwest Kansas in the spring. Tune, retune, tune again.... oy...

Darack73

Lol i know what ya mean. im in buffalo same thing 65 on well today for me. (happy easter everyone). 30 and snow by next weekend.

Darack73

I know this thread got little old but. Wanted to update the Obr 34 full mod. And the 29/31 gearing with hpi baja rear tires all around. (On MTV3) WOW. Amazing very fast and quick. Still steers like a semi truck but with a little throttle spins around nice. Gave it a proper bashing this weekend held up nice except for tbe suspension arm holder. Seems to be a crazy week spot for me. Broke a few already.

talunceford

Darack73 said:
I know this thread got little old but. Wanted to update the Obr 34 full mod. And the 29/31 gearing with hpi baja rear tires all around. (On MTV3) WOW. Amazing very fast and quick. Still steers like a semi truck but with a little throttle spins around nice. Gave it a proper bashing this weekend held up nice except for tbe suspension arm holder. Seems to be a crazy week spot for me. Broke a few already.
Awesome. I love my OBR. Nasty quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts