• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dual Rhino`s

AlvaSpeed

I installed dual Rhinos on my brother's new MT and it steers like it is in the air!

Highly reccomended!!!

AlvaSpeed

Rhinos are a brand of steering servos some of us use.

The new MT uses 2 steering servos.

These servos are very strong and durable (so far so good)

DemonRC

That's unstoppable steering there. Just keep in mind that those Rhino's suck a hella lotta juice compared to 5745's. Be careful if your running a Spektrum receiver. Those things are twitchy as hell when too much juice is being pulled.

AlvaSpeed

This is my brother`s MT with 2 Rhino servosOneill Brother`s Full mod 27.2 and all the good stuff

Redcat dual Rhinos.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a1007b_RedcatdualRhinos.jpg.88de0f452ac518a6ff0d00868650e972.jpg

Jasa B

AlvaSpeed said:
This is my brother`s MT with 2 Rhino servos
Oneill Brother`s Full mod 27.2 and all the good stuff
Alvaspeed what model rhino's are on your Bro's Mt and were they a direct fit if not what mods did he have to do.

My throttle servo is pretty good savox coreless digital but unfortnately there not a straight fit in the streering side.

Jasa B

Thanks for the info Moo umm!!! what to do just checked Uk website £130 each I suppose you guys use hitec 5745 which i understand is up to the job..

Jasa B

mooman007uk said:
wow! that slopey mouth git gordon is really gouging you guys, $115 a piece at DDM, trouble is they don't mark down value for shipping so the import tax bastardges will still get you:( ..... bummer!..fortunately here in Canada 95% gets thru customs without a second glance....sorry Jasa i'm in gloat mode:D
Yes Moo thanks for stating that:( well hopefully next year Browns ugly mug will be gone..

You can always send us a gift mate no taxes to pay something to think about..May just order some rhino's from you chaps over there still be a little cheaper...

Sprint 77

Contributor
If you use the 5745 hitec the splitter is fine they can be broprammed individually for their center deadband. Hitec owns Rino Multiplex so I am quite sure most of the rino technology is in the 5745.

Rudihenriksen

But if i use a Y-splitter, will the servo then not work against each other.?

will they not move the opposite directions, now that they do not sit side by side, like on a mcd

Sprint 77

Contributor
You need them to move in opposite directions that is why they are back to back laying down.

The 5745 will still buzz at idle of them fighting each other with splitter, but Hitec digitals are programmable so it can be adjusted . The prgrammer is a oe time cost of $40 or you can see if LHS has a guy with one that can set them for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts