• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive cup issues (again)

laganm21

I just got my Rampage MT V2 up and running again, I just got a 26cc head kit nothing extreme, But on the first run taking it easy as possible, no hills or bumps just flat ground , I snaped the rear diff cup again, this was the diff cups that came in the V2 upgraded kit with the 3.5mm pins, My question is what are you guy doing to keep these cups from breaking now, i reinstalled the factory drive cups in the rear the 3.0 pin ones that came with the truck stock, but Im scared now to give the truck any kinda gas with the stock weaker cups for fear of breaking them also, will the V3 diff cups work on a v2 or is that a tottaly different setup ? thanks

csp1971

Contributor
laganm21 said:
dose any body remember the tempering heat that was being used to case harden the cups
That's what I used to do mine, but that's been about 18 months ago and I haven't broken one since. I'm not sure if anyone has done that with the new cups recently, or at least if they did, they haven't posted on it.

Did you break yours at the pin?

laganm21

yeah I boke it at the pin, yeah Im a little slow to the new stuff thats out now , I have not even messed with my truck for about 1/2 a year, are there new cups out now becuase the only place I can find the 3.5mm drive cups are at vancover hobbies, DDM just sells that 3.0 pin ones, what are r running

csp1971

Contributor
laganm21 said:
yeah I boke it at the pin, yeah Im a little slow to the new stuff thats out now , I have not even messed with my truck for about 1/2 a year, are there new cups out now becuase the only place I can find the 3.5mm drive cups are at vancover hobbies, DDM just sells that 3.0 pin ones, what are r running
I'm running whatever came with that V2 upgrade kit.

laganm21

that would be the 3.5mm drive cup , So you said that you heat tempered yours , How did not go about doing that

laganm21

I did a search on you tube I cant find nothing there about it

csp1971

Contributor
I forgot I had mine out there, if that's the one he is talking about. I'm in no way any expert on this but this is what I did.

[ame]

[/ame]
"To reduce the possibility of diff cup failure, temper the cup shaft with a torch. Blue to silver and air cool."

rob64n

Contributor
redcat and rampage hopups only offer the new diff cups, if u have a V1 you just have to change internal diff gears to except the bigger pin

laganm21

Yeah I got the the diff gears to accpect the 3.5mm pin they came in the upgrade kit, so the ones they sell on rampage hopups are the 3.5mm pin diff cups ?

laganm21

LOL ok now it makes since , when this was an issue a while back nobody sold the upgraded diff cups it was just the stock ones that came with the V1's you had to buy the upgraded kit just to get the better cups , I did not know rampage hopups sold the 3.5mm cups now thanks for clearing that up for me

laganm21

are the new cups that rampage hop ups sell still need to be temperd or have they fixed that issue

laganm21

Ok Ill just order 4 new cups today and just hope for the best , and thanks again for clearing that up for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts