• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drill starter kit?

G

If you don't mind toting along a drill, they're great. I have one, on one of my X-series cars. They work great.

sanos

I have a cordless that's hardly used. Might as well put it to use now. :D

travmess

Just picked one of these up to replace my v2 turtle starter they r awesome no more killin pull starts. U don't even have to choke or prime the motor just spin it over a bit and shell fire right up i had to find an extention to use this for my hpi edm need to cut her down a lil 12" extention on a full size cordless drill gets a lil unweildy lol

G

I also use an extension, but welded mine to avoid any wobble.

phreerider

i made one of these...kinda neat..total novelty. as a "pit tool" deluxe supreme for sure.

BUT i hate dragging ONE MORE thing around, a like drill..that killed it for me.

when hanging in one spot it works great for my nitro junk, i converted all my nitro pull starts, basically throw away the pullstart/cover, save the oneway, go get the drill.

pull start--> simple, effective, right there, and always ready.

G

Yeah, when hang'n on to the rope, with the other hand on the controller, while on the board behind the ride, all makes it very difficult to carry a drill. :D

G

I think the remoter starter looks cool. Not sure how durable they are though....

G

It done fine on mine. I'm currently using it to spin the RCMK full mod.

G

I drilled out an TR pull starter to dress it up a bit.

travmess

My only worry bout using it on my redcat is if there will be enough clearence for the driver/extension with the jetpro side mount pipe

G

It won't work with the Jetpro side mount pipes. The pipe covers the center of the starter cover.

G

travmess said:
Damn mb have to make me an adapter using a 3/8 entention and swivel adapter with 5/16 socket for the driver
I don't think I'd try that. The one way bearing is in the red piece that attaches to the drill. That means when the engine fires it will be spinning the swivel at 3000 rpm. :eek:

travmess

Not if u put it on the drill side of the adapter it wouldnt work on the flywheel/oneway bearing side anyway since the driver is a proprietary 5 sided insert

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts