• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dominator clone fitted for my XT

Top Jimmy

Here it is.........I had to cut, add 4 inches, bend , and weld it up. What do you think?

Makes it SCREAM!!! All at a cost of $50 for the pipe. SHIPPING INCLUDED!!! :cool:

View attachment 4824 [/ATTACH]

alfred e numan

pipe

Right on dude!! I have been thinking about taking a course to learn to mig-tig- stick weld. I have no problem what so ever with "clone " pipes or any other parts. The HY engines are a 2nd generation clone. fact is - there are a few zen parts that are made in China.

G

Nice! Those pipes do make good power!

Top Jimmy

I'm 100% good with "clones", "knock-off's", etc. I get a kick out of people that turn their noses up to them. Kinda like how Some Traxxas,HPI, Cen, etc. owners feel about Redcat as a brand......

alfred e numan

yea, soon I hope to order a hpi 5b ss. this is because of there support. check it out- Autolite spark plugs- made in china. The throttle plate-butterfly valve that comes with the HY engines is higher quality than the Walbro part. Here is the fine print on Walbro# K10-WAT - carb kit. - Some of all parts may be produced in Mexico, Thailand, China, Or usa. At one time there were 20 to 40 companies per week leaving America - going to China. Nafia. Recall Ross Pero? The giant sucking sound? just saying----

G

^^^They should not turn there nose up at Redcat as it is not a clone of anything. Yes china made but not copied. HSP is a huge RC manufacture which Redcat is just part of what they produce.

alfred e numan

I love my Redcat XB. Rampage has great support and this site rocks too! I hope to get the 5-B and set it up for the dunes. 2WD ya know- It appears the 5-b can become a real $$ pit, same as any other hobby. Been reading 5-b sites for months, hope to test the waters without spending too much- enclosed clutch- zero degree hubs- assorted drive train improvements- This thing is the 350 chevy of the r-c world- massive after market parts-- sometimes on sale.

Top Jimmy

I wholeheartedly AGREE with RC Dad and Alfred E. Numan. The Stigma that if it's NOT authentic, it's bad, will melt,turn you into a communist, etc. is SILLY. It lends the SAME mindset that the Redcat's are lesser than the "Big" mainstreamed brands. My 8 year old's Traxxas Slash's chassis was also made in CHINA. Remember Hyundai cars 20 years ago? The reason there is a demand for "clones" and the like is price! While I agree that brand names mean something, it doesn't mean everything. Store brand cola will rot your teeth out just as well as Coke or Pepsi...

cordy

Well those that don't like clones, have no bitch if you you buy hpi parts to use on your clone.They all say don't buy clones but you never hear them say don't use our hpi parts on you clone.Thats like taLking out of both sides of your a$$. God bless the clones to get people into large scale.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I wouldn't have a 1/5th scale if it wasn't for Redcat. the imitation vs name brand thing happens in food too. My father works for a company that builds automated machines. (think how it's made) He's seen the inside of plants that package food. Del Monte for example is identical to the store bought stuff you buy at Wal Mart. your just paying for the Del Monte name. It's even canned on the same machine just a different line.

Top Jimmy

RC Dad,

I thought about the tube connector prior to the custom welding.It sure as hell would've made the fit easier! I used threaded rod and bent it to create a "cage" of sorts,protecting the pipe. I might use a rubber washer were the pipe attaches to the frame to take some of the shakes out.Otherwise it may look like the the truck is going through withdrawal or having DT's :) I do have aon old bumper from an 1/8 scale dirt modified body laying around that I might add on. I like the 1 piece look of the welded pipe more than the tube connected look. Let us know how yours works after the switch.lack of power,sound,etc.

Courage68

Top Jimmy said:
I'm 100% good with "clones", "knock-off's", etc. I get a kick out of people that turn their noses up to them. Kinda like how Some Traxxas,HPI, Cen, etc. owners feel about Redcat as a brand......
^^ This ,

i was looking at the BajaFest that's held in NY for weedeater rc cars , and there one policy is NO CLONES , if u come with one u cannot participate.

i was like ... wait really ? its sick on how much of a elitist people can be towards brands/clones.

i've owned all top major brands , losi,traxxas,ofna,hpi.kyosho,tamiya and when i got my first redcat i was blown away on how good it was made for the price.

what ever happend to just having fun. i remember kids showing up with tyco rc cars to the hobby shop and still having a ball with all the top brand cars.

alfred e numan

pipe wizard program

When you have the time, look at this 15 dollar computer program to design two and four cycle exhausts.--- www.buildandclick.com.

rcgasser

Courage68 said:
^^ This , i was looking at the BajaFest that's held in NY for weedeater rc cars , and there one policy is NO CLONES , if u come with one u cannot participate.

i was like ... wait really ? its sick on how much of a elitist people can be towards brands/clones.

i've owned all top major brands , losi,traxxas,ofna,hpi.kyosho,tamiya and when i got my first redcat i was blown away on how good it was made for the price.

what ever happend to just having fun. i remember kids showing up with tyco rc cars to the hobby shop and still having a ball with all the top brand cars.
All 5th scales major events do not allow clones to compete but redcat is not a clone if they have a 4 wheel drive class then you can compete with a redcat. But on that note I feel that clones should be allowed to compete also but that's a whole complete different can of worms that I dare not open.

alfred e numan

I will be more than happy to open the can of worms. It would be like NASCAR suddenly saying- no fords allowed. as i said before- Autolite spark plugs- made in China. NO I am not getting down on China. They are like we were in the 50s-- Chicken in every pot -2 cars in the garage. If one outfit bans another, not much I can say. EXCEPT -- Look at the way things are going - the world-wide money situation, As it continues to emplode, Toys will take 2nd seat to other things- the living expenses. United, our wonderful hobby will remain much stronger - someone once said- united we stand- divided we fall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts