• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Doesn't seem to roll

chrisscott961

Hey guys I have changed everything that had a bearing to aluminum and installed a belt drive and the car doesn't seem to roll freely any more like if I'm on a hill it doest move it's like I have to force it to roll is this normal.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Phill

Sounds like something binding somewhere.

Mine rolls easier with the belt than it did with gears.

I'd pull it apart and reassemble just to make sure.

chrisscott961

I took it apart and the main gear seems to be binding would anyone have a pic so I can see how they sit together

chrisscott961

I would bit I already took it all apart the problem seems to be either belt drive or layshaft

Phill

The belt is the same on all of them do I'd be looking at the layshaft or bearings

Phill

chrisscott961 said:
I think it's the bearings in the gear plate everything else is newSent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Go to your local bearing store and get some high speed rubber sealed ones.

Do the whole gear plate while you have it a apart

andyken

Also check the free play of the brake pads, there are two set screws in the center pinion bearing holder to adjust for wear.

chrisscott961

As soon as I tighten those two grub screws and install the pull for the belt drive it binds up but if I leave the grub screws loose everything is free WTF I don't understand help plzz

ika

central gear holders have up and down direction, try flip over them, gear must be little bit down to chassis. There is cut in chassis gear to set in.

chrisscott961

It's as far down as goes there is only one way to install screws don't sit on other house

Phill

chrisscott961 said:
As soon as I tighten those two grub screws and install the pull for the belt drive it binds up but if I leave the grub screws loose everything is free WTF I don't understand help plzzSent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
If it rolls with the pinion disconnected I'd be looking at the brake adjusters though why they'd move when installing a belt I have no idea.

Obvious question I know but have you looked at throttle/brake servo to make sure it's not stuck?

chrisscott961

If you look at the picture I don't even have the brakes installed it's the grub screw that holds the layshaft and the shaft to the pulley when I tighten those two grub screws it binds the the car up.

Wayne

In the picture it looks like you have a loose screw, top center, on the central gear. That may cause a misalignment. I would also check all shafts to make sure none are bent. I had a similar problem and found the cause to be a bent shaft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.