• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Do your tires do this?

crazyfast

After running in 2wd I have noticed a considerable increase in acceleration and even in a bit of top speed (which was expected). What I didn't expect to see is my rear tires 'growing' or deforming from the centrifugal force. I am unsure of the brand of tire for they're the ones that came with the truck. Maybe 5T/Rovans???

imagejpg6_zpsd1d30097.jpg

alfred e numan

Grp grp grp grp

Thats why i run GRP tires. 5B narrows on all four points. GRP Bulldogs, and GRP easy tires do not do this. made in italy the racers choice in europe. and my choice too here in the usa.

crazyfast

Ok good to know, thanks guys.

PrjctStrtFrce said:
so those aren't the Imex's, right? :p
Lol no sir those are still in the basement. I'll try to get that quote tomorrow ;)

PrjctStrtFrce

Okay, thanks. Disregard my PM then :D

RampageHopUps said:
YOu can use ductape to wrap the inside of the tire and it will stop ballooning.
Just one time around, or a few layers? Thin layer down the middle or a full layer from side to side?

rcgasser

you will notice more ballooning on lower price tires EX. KM or Rovan because they are thinner rubber a proline or hostile tire will not balloon as much as in the pic. Also you have more ballooning on the right tire now because it does have any traction while its in the air so more power was transferred to that tire with both tire running at wot it should not balloon that much.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Just one layer of a good adhesive tape like gorilla tape.

Another option that no-one mentioned is Hostile Zero growth inserts. Cheaper than GRPs and work with baja wheels

I could make my MT tires balloon before...the hostile nightmares I run now never balloon...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts