• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

diffs, cups, driveline upgrades?

Nurchburgler

hello again fellas....

the driveline in the xsc xb

how does it hold up?

ie diffs, bones, drive lines, cups

also the clutch bell?

thanks ahead of time fellas...any info is appreciated.

G

Cups, dogbones and CVDs are prone to failure if you throw more hp into it. They hold up well with the stock power plant.

Clutch bells hold up fine.

Wheel bearings and the gear plate are prone to failure right out of the box.

Nurchburgler

Is there a solution...ie parts being made to handle better power?

Hardened ones from redcat any good?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurchburgler

RCDAD said:
Cups, dogbones and CVDs are prone to failure if you throw more hp into it. They hold up well with the stock power plant.Clutch bells hold up fine.

Wheel bearings and the gear plate are prone to failure right out of the box.
That belt system..handles the gear plate..yes...

Can you explain the difference between the open and closed gear plate for the belt system?

G

All the parts made by 7075 RC to the left are awesome.

FLM might be making dogbones for the X series. Prototypes have been made.

Nurchburgler

RCDAD said:
All the parts made by 7075 RC to the left are awesome.FLM might be making dogbones for the X series. Prototypes have been made.
All over dem pretty parts...they don't really answer drive line issues though.

I saw obeast got some prototypes :)

G

Nurchburgler said:
That belt system..handles the gear plate..yes...Can you explain the difference between the open and closed gear plate for the belt system?
-Yes you can run the belt drive or the gears on the 7075 RC gear plates.

-Just preference. The open version was made mostly for the cool factor. It's a bit lighter but not that much.

G

Nurchburgler said:
All over dem pretty parts...they don't really answer drive line issues though.I saw obeast got some prototypes :)
The biggest problem with the center dogbones is breakage due to chassis flex. The 7075 RC chassis was designed to conquer the problem.

It really depends a lot on a persons driving style. I run a 7.5hp OBR in my XB and have not broken anything. I don't race it though. Just bashing at the park.

Nurchburgler

RCDAD said:
The biggest problem with the center dogbones is breakage due to chassis flex. The 7075 RC chassis was designed to conquer the problem. It really depends a lot on a persons driving style. I run a 7.5hp OBR in my XB and have not broken anything. I don't race it though. Just bashing at the park.
Thanks Rc dad..you are super helpful..my recon is going well ;)

Deluge

Nurchburgler said:
That belt system..handles the gear plate..yes...Can you explain the difference between the open and closed gear plate for the belt system?
The lightened gear plate looks better. Plus it helps keep the clutch/clutch bell cooler due to the extra air circulation. The full gear plate was intended to help protect the gears/belt drive from dirt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts