• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

diff first way and second way shafts

creepingcharlie

Has anyone ever had these brake. I was installing my new metal gear and as I was tightening the middle set of gears I snapped the shaft. I also noticed that some of the gears are not aligned perfect. Is that common what changing the metal gears from plastic

rampagemt

You must have tightened it to much and also gears don't have to be aligned perfect you cab get shims to move on or out its what I do.

Dreggsta

the trans gears? i snapped the b/c gear shaft too. that shaft you actually don't want to tighten too much as it will actually hinder it's rotational movement. i usually hand tighten it then back off about a 1/8th to 1/4".

as for the gears lining up, are you putting them back together the way you took them apart? i have an xt & when i put it together for my first time i didn't put it together like i took it apart & mine didn't line up very well. i looked it up on the online manual & all is well.

creepingcharlie

I must of. The thing is I just went to snug it up and snap it went. The two 25 tooth gears are just a hair off. I will take a pic tomorrow. This buggy came with plastic gears so I wondering if that had anything to do with the gear not matching up.

Dreggsta

mine are a hair off too. if it was in an atv where there is a lot of weight & torque i'd be worried. i'm not worried about this on the buggy tho.

creepingcharlie

Man if isn't one thing is another thing. I got the diff shaft and was running my buggy today and had a head on crash and busted my front diff case agian. Looks like I need to do the trick where you drill the lower arm shaft holders and bolt them in.

G

What about a good front bumper. T Bone Racing makes a nice one for the XB that could be made to fit.

creepingcharlie

I have already replace my chassis once. I think I bent it a little today to. And I hit a tire going about 10mph .

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
What about a good front bumper. T Bone Racing makes a nice one for the XB that could be made to fit.
the xt bumper will fit also. this is why i have the xt bumpers lol. wide protection so the wheels don't take the brunt force.

Motakitty

Dreggsta said:
the xt bumper will fit also. this is why i have the xt bumpers lol. wide protection so the wheels don't take the brunt force.
Do you know If the mt bumpers fit the xb

Dreggsta

the mt bumpers aren't as wide as the xt bumper. the mt bumper looks more like a rear bumper to me.

Motakitty

True they do but I don't like the xt bumper it looks to short course truck style to me and I don't like the t bone racing one. I like the look of the xb bumper, or lack of one but it would be nice to have some protection

Dreggsta

i agree that the xt bumper doesn't look that good but i'm more about function & performance than looks anyways. i bet you are too being a wrencher & all lol.

Motakitty

True I love wrenching or tinkering as my wife says ;) . My xb looks like the mt now so thats why I was thinking of doing the mt bumpers too or just making my own

Dreggsta

if you can do it, make your own. or, look around on eba &othr sites & maybe mod them to fit. if you do, let us know how it works, what you got & what it takes. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts