• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diamond in the rough!

Ffdfiretruck

So I found a track that was pretty much abandoned. The city of Columbia, MO built a track a few years ago. The local hobby club that helped get the track started is no more. The city had plans to add a drivers stand and pour an asphalt oval track, that will likely never happen now.

Spoiled Toys

Yeah they just posted as a thumbnail on the large view too. But from what I can tell it does look like you have yourself a nice place to bash or race.

Ffdfiretruck

here hopefully these pics are betterthere are like 6-7 of the electrical stations and breaker boxes where the drivers stand was planned to go.

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

/monthly_2011_10/IMG_0463.jpg.023e02556c07d0bd3bc41c3de93c5091.jpg

/monthly_2011_10/IMG_0464.jpg.9844824071219791df989e6185b3e224.jpg

/monthly_2011_10/IMG_0465.jpg.9f40d512a18812269d93254dcd5aad59.jpg

/monthly_2011_10/IMG_0466.jpg.9aa8634607f1d9b3fb1c067f339bd26e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoiled Toys

Ffdfiretruck said:
here hopefully these pics are betterthere are like 6-7 of the electrical stations and breaker boxes where the drivers stand was planned to go.
Very nice.. Why did they stop the project? It looks like the dirt track is built.

Ffdfiretruck

I think the local club dissolved. I walked the track and it looks finished. It has 8" flex pipe spiked into the ground all the way around. With the exception of all the grass and weeds, there are a few washout ruts. It doesn't look too bad. I emailed 2 people at city hall almost 2 weeks ago; no answer. Called yesterday and left a message with park management; no answer. Who knows where it will go from here.

Ffdfiretruck

Sumo will be delivered tomorrow at my pt job, but I won't be able to get it until Thursday when I work. I almost took the MT out there when I took the pictures but the grass is at least a foot tall and it's only rear wheel drive right now.

G

Sounds like a find to me. I'd bring the weed eater out there clean it up a little and have some fun.

cordy

Yes very nice. Get your platforms out there with those knobby`s,they will get rid of you weeds and you will have some fun. Good luck with city hall.

Ffdfiretruck

I have thought about weedeating it. I rent so I don't have a weedeater, I plan on borrowing one of my dads.

The city hall thing is going to be a big pain because I don't live there, only work.

Ffdfiretruck

Park management called me today, they are having a meeting 10/18 and long term plans for the rc track are on the agenda. They want me to attend the meeting.

Here is where you guys come in, I have only been in the hobby 2 weeks now. Anything I should or shouldn't say?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts