• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DGI steering Links touching The 7075RC Diff Gear Housing

Silent_chaos

I'm having a bit of tiny problem; thing is when I try to steer the left/right, the corner of the DGI steering Links(due to their abnormal size) is hitting the 7075RC differential gear housing.

I tried to decrease the EPA, and play with the length of the Links, I even shortened the servo link but no cigar.

any advice on how I can solve this? maybe thinner steering links? :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They do have huge joints on them. You could try to shave down the ends down, but it might not be enough.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
They do have huge joints on them. You could try to shave down the ends down, but it might not be enough.
I can save off couple of mms, its al I need. however, Rampage Idiot was running thinner AL links. (I guess you as well), can you link me their address?

Silent_chaos

Nice. Can you tell me how many mm is the diameter of the circle?

I need to compare it with mine

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'm assuming you mean the outside diameter of the of the ball end. The IRP unit is about 15.5mm the DGI end is about 20mm.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
I'm assuming you mean the outside diameter of the of the ball end. The IRP unit is about 15.5mm the DGI end is about 20mm.
I see, that'll give me around 2mm radius.

I will have to shave it up i guess. any recommended methods?

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
I see, that'll give me around 2mm radius. I will have to shave it up i guess. any recommended methods?
mine measure 15.7mm, at this point I would just grind off the front side till you gain clearance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts