• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

desert rat MT body w/paint

mooman007uk

Banned
finally finished my proline 5t bod, been working on it since saturday took ages to paint cos I'm crap, couldn't get a fine line with my airbrush, upon a strip down for cleaning after i'd finished the paint job I found the needle wasn't seated, about 1/2 from the nozzle...D'OH...it now sprays very fine...man I am such a dolt. made a quick mod to the rear mount and done. I guess I'll have to see how tough it is now, hate to scratch it up but oh well.

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Gas Jocky

I wouldn't be ashamed of that paint job!! It looks killer! I'd drywall tape it and shoe goo it right away, wouldn't want to mess that beauty up,....nice work!

Z

ZielkeRacing

That looks great MOO!! I like that blue fade into green. Very nice. Should be easy to see also! :)

Last edited:

mooman007uk

Banned
thanks guys.

I had the aluminum posts from my nitro days, they're threaded in the bottom and i filed and drille out a bit of plate and screwed the posts on, then cut the redcat nubs off and bolted it together. I just got to get some rubber bits to mount it properly and spread some of the load

kryptonite

comon moo. your not giving yourself enough credit. that body looks absolutly amazing!! that is an incredible job!!! i'd like to say that im impressed, but then again you always come up with great stuff. i guess you had us all going with the "25 yard photo".. :D

mooman007uk

Banned
Gas Jocky said:
I wouldn't be ashamed of that paint job!! It looks killer! I'd drywall tape it and shoe goo it right away, wouldn't want to mess that beauty up,....nice work!
already got the tape, used it as a mask in the tear holes:D. It turned out better than I though it would.

mooman007uk

Banned
Now I figured out how to use my new iwata properly the next one I do will be a beetle shell for my fgbaja, I'm tired of the baja look so I'll order up a shell and try my hand at some detail work...I'm limited to stencils though cos I am a truly crap artist...I draw flames and they look like dogshit:D

Ron E

Contributor
looks great, love the front view... mean reptile.

looks like something straight off of monster jam.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Hey MOO, my favorite airbrush is an Iwata! Great brush to learn on and the one I learned on..... still use it, go figure. Your painting will get even better everytime, and if this if your first.... holy cow - harry carey just rolled in his grave - nice work again. thumbs up man!

mooman007uk

Banned
This is 1st paint job with the iwata revolution and second with an airbrush...painted 2 1/8th before that with spraybombs...what I want to know is how to do the real flame look....I'm grasshopper, you're the master my friend...i am but a mosquito on your butt:D

Z

ZielkeRacing

Man, that takes alot of practice. It took me two years to get where I am at now. I tried on old lexan fro scrap shells with red and yellow and then white and kept going. everyone has there on fire look. I think beer might helped a bit :eek: but I know practice and even now I THINK I get seomthing new everytime I paint a shell.

mooman007uk

Banned
Beers good...i'll find some lexan sheet and have at her.....I wasn't sure at first but I really enjoyed painting..it's tedious but I have alot to learn, learning stuff i have an interest in is like a magnet to me...just wish I could win the lottery...I'd be busier than i am working now but doing stuff i enjoy

Z

ZielkeRacing

I hear that! I enjoy it but it will smoke your brain after awhile. I think when you quit learning you should quit. ya know what i mean? everyday is something new or something new to the person doing the work. whats cool is its all up to you - I don't think homer couldhave painted your shell ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts