• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon RC 2 Speed

G

desismileys_3778.gif Got mine in the mail today! It looks great!

I can't wait to get it installed!

I will be installing this in the MT on the RAMTech 36cc.

25379671-7200-4F0F-A0C1-7A0F98B39CC6_zpsbkn96uc8.jpg

rampage idiot

You are too much! how do you keep track of all you have and what has what on it? I don't no about the rest of these guys but I am not afraid to say I'm jealous!

G

The MT has been collecting dust waiting patiently for this.

Ya gotta have more than one so when your building one you can play with another. :D

I actually find it necessary to have as many models as possible so that I can answer questions and give advice to my customers based on experience. I consider it a perk!

rampage idiot

RCDAD said:
The MT has been collecting dust waiting patiently for this. Ya gotta have more than one so when your building one you can play with another. :D

I actually find it necessary to have as many models as possible so that I can answer questions and give advice to my customers based on experience. I consider it a perk!
And what a great job you do! If I may say so especially with the crap I have put you through! LOL much appreciated!

Michaels12

There should be some info posted on converting the four pin type brake lay shaft to the longer lay shaft used on the square drive type.

I think it's probably straight forward, but I didn't catch this requirement until the new 2speed was in hand, so I'm still unable to run.

G

Michaels12 said:
There should be some info posted on converting the four pin type brake lay shaft to the longer lay shaft used on the square drive type.I think it's probably straight forward, but I didn't catch this requirement until the new 2speed was in hand, so I'm still unable to run.
All Redcat gassers now come with the square drive style.

It's a pretty easy to swap the shaft.

Michaels12

We'll this is what was in the thread about gear selection

DemonRC said:
If you are still running the MT tires I would try a 33/23 2 speed setup. Here's the stock MT gear ratio compared to the 2 speed 33/23 gear ratios:Stock MT Gearing:

25/35/25/25 ratio = 1.4

27/33/25/25 ratio = 1.222

28/32/25/25 ratio = 1.142 (does not exist)

29/31/25/25 ratio = 1.068

2 Speed Gearing with 33/23 gears:

1st speed 18/38/33/23 ratio = 1.471

2nd speed 21/35/33/23 ratio = 1.161

So basically the 1st speed would have slightly more torque than your stock 25/35/25/25 setup and the same top speed as 28/32/25/25 gears if they existed. It should make for a pretty quick MT.

Ebb75

Anyone have any miles on there 2 speed yet. Any reviews.

G

Greggfromohio said:
Have you gotten the transmission installed yet rcdad?
I hope to next weekend. This past weekend we did some entertaining for Super Bowl.

G

Ebb75 said:
Anyone have any miles on there 2 speed yet. Any reviews.
I have one on my 5ive with some time on it. No issues and performs flawlessly. I can't wait to try it out on some of the Cats.

Ebb75

Ya I am itchin to get one. Keeps us posted

DemonRC

Ebb75 said:
Ya I am itchin to get one. Keeps us posted
Check the DemonRC section of this forum for some other video and comments that customers are posting. This thread is gonna be a good one too :)

rampage idiot

claude bigelow said:
Unlike RCdad i'm learning to have more than one, being I crash so much I need another to drive.
LOL join the club! We have all been down this road! Actually I didn't think the road was gonna end for me! Now I drive like a normal idiot !

DemonRC

RCDAD said:
Can't have too many! :D
I said that once... then you get to the point where it's easier to "borrow" a diff here a suspension arm there from other cars and pretty soon you end up with 1 running car and a bunch of parts cars DOH.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts