• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DDM Dominator or Flowsystem?

BoostCreepr

What are your opinions on these 2 pipes? Is the flow with the extra 100?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

blak__jak

i can't answer about the flow not ever having one but i can't see how anyone could hope to get more out of just adding a pipe to a motor than what you get with a dom.

RampageHopUps

Live and learn amigo. Its well worth the extra $100 for both the performance and the stainless steel.

Inertia Racing Products

i can add a few words as to performance of Eric's ( Flowsystem ) pipes.

to clarify i am Not bashing on another manufacturers pipe here, but i have been through the ringer, so to speak, on pipes and the following is My personal experience

i have tried damn near everything out there with damn near every possible motor combo, especially in my HPI baja's.

The Dominator is a decent pipe for the money, i have run the V1 and V2 rear doms, and the side dom. they make good Low end power and pull decent through the mids and then tend to fall off on the high rpm range...yes you can gear around the power band , but in the end it is a low to mid range pipe.

i currently have the Fast " Zonda " style on my on road baja paired up to a nasty Flowsystem full tilt boogie LR 27.2cc purpose built for oval racing, smaller BRP tires, clucth dialed in at a set rpm engagement, carb pop off set to match, and it is a pure ball buster !!!

lets talk about another pipe, Bartolone Torpedo , same deal on overall performance, mostly a low to mids pipe, the difference is the Torpedo blows through the power band very radically and to me " hit the wall " very quickly.. this seems to be a trait of the end bleed design, explosive power but dumps the power just as quick. side note this pipe works Very well on a stock motor.

Jet Pro , for the most part they seem to be a mids to high , now there are a Multitude of different pipes that came out of Dino's shop for the baja and some were/are some pretty wild ass designs..i guess if you play with clutch engagement, motor combo's , etc. you can find a sweet spot for any given one per your application....

CPI, in my personal experience these are decent pipes, depending on the motor they are bolted up to, the pipe had decent low end and a linear power band, but in my trials with really wild motors they left a bit to desired overall

GBE, i ran his Side Bleed and also his Hornet, still have the Hornet on my son in laws car, suprisingly the damn hornet is a very good all around pipe on the particular motor its on, i would even say shag nasty... the sidebleed did not impress me, she always seemed to me to lay down...

I have many more , but i'll stop there for now..

This all leads up to the Flowsystem pipe, i currently have one on my basher baja and i just got a new losi and the Flowsystem was my 1st and only choice for it.

The main thing about Eric's pipes is the simple fact that perform on ANY motor, piston port, reed case, and yes even a stock motor, is outstanding.

When you talk to Eric he will gladly explain why his pipes perform .

The power band is very linear, it has great low end, great mids , and does not fall off on the highs.. the throttle response is spot on, and the pipe just keeps on pulling.

the beauty of the pipe is you can actually see a difference when you start playing with clutch engagement, differnt diff oils, and gearing changes , i can make just a few changes in that aspect and the power band reacts to the changes. i really like this as a very anal tuner

The benefit of this tunability is priceless, i am not swapping a motor, i simply " move " the power band around by playing with the above mentioned..

in closing, the best advice i can give is this, you need to always keep in mind Your driving style and Your personal intent for any motor and pipe combo, there is no magic bullet or one size fits all.

if you go to any race and talk to 20 people they will all have differnet opinions and different setups, hell i know guys that run bone stock 26cc motors with a pipe that whip my ass, i have driven thier cars and man i cant get the damn thing through 2 corners, this hobby has a learning curve and to be honest there are no shortcuts when it comes right down to it, everyone is different.

i hope this helps you out, and i gues i had more than a " few " words to say..Lol

good luck and always remeber this is for fun !!

BoostCreepr

Re: DDM Dominator or Flowsystem?

Thank you for the great info. I am mostly a basher. The truck motor is the basic 30cc fulie with a walboro 900 and hyper charger air filter. I like the looks of Erics pipe but was concerned about body clearance and low end grunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MNRampage

I can't answer for the flow system. I have the ddm on both my 5b and mt and they are awesome.

G

I've seen the Flowsystem in action. Amazing to say the least. Plus, it will fit under the SC bodies.

G

Contact Rob with Rampage Hopups. He sells them.

G

Here ya go.

-

jackson

that's a sick pipe it looks better than the side one from ddm! it uses all of the avaliable space on the side i like that!

G

Very nice design for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts