• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dammit Dammit Dammit

fat49f1

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Heres my CVD, and Cordy I think the piece you need should be in good enough shape to reuse. Send me your address via PM and I will mail it out to ya early next week. Also Fat49F1 I will send you the drive axle from that CVD ( not pictured) so you can reuse that CVD you have. Just PM me your address as well.
Keychain001.jpg
Ok you win ,yours is in more and smaller pieces lol

FAST EDDIE

Same thing happened to me, only had my MT V3 for a day, first tank, gentle driving break in period and one of the universals broke a pin and the axle shaft/ cup, a can do the drill bit thing but what do i do about the cup??? Should I send pics to RAMPAGEHOPUPS to send to the factory. I just got my truck and its broke, 2nd run.

fat49f1

Contributor
FAST EDDIE said:
Same thing happened to me, only had my MT V3 for a day, first tank, gentle driving break in period and one of the universals broke a pin and the axle shaft/ cup, a can do the drill bit thing but what do i do about the cup??? Should I send pics to RAMPAGEHOPUPS to send to the factory. I just got my truck and its broke, 2nd run.
Did you break the cup on the wheel side,if so unless someone on here has a spare from a broken cvd you will need a new cvd they sell em in sets,Check with rob at rampagehopups, he sells them.

fat49f1

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
Did you do the pre-run checklist? And loctite the pins in?
Trust me i found out the hard way. loctite all your pins in

FAST EDDIE

I did not check those pins, I checked all the visible screws and chassis screws and adjusted the throttle and brake links, but noticed when i took it apart that it already had threadlock on the pin screws, but the pin did not come loose or come out ....it snapped off at the set screw notch. and yes i broke the cup at the wheel end.. Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

soulja55

FAST EDDIE said:
the same thing happened to me tuesday. but i race hpi savages.....and i found a quick fix for this from my Savage axle cvds. the best fix i have found yet for a sliding pin is to go to your nearest Napa (cheap plug for me) and get some heat shrink . if you get the good kind from us....they have a layer of glue on the inside of it. clean the cup good with some brake clean....cut the shrink tubing to fit....take a heat gun or lighter to shrink the tubing...and Viola!!! instant fix that can still be removed later (cut the shrink off and heat the glue). at this time......i would put a coat of light grease in the swivel ball part and use some HPI Baja boots on top of it. i jst did all mine today. less that a $2 fix and any GOOD Napa store has these in bulk boxes in the back that they can sell one piece out of. you guys let me know how this works for you.....because it's doing fine so far for me on the Savage and we'll see how long it lasts on the MT.

Last edited by a moderator:

fat49f1

Contributor
soulja55 said:
the same thing happened to me tuesday. but i race hpi savages.....and i found a quick fix for this from my Savage axle cvds. the best fix i have found yet for a sliding pin is to go to your nearest Napa (cheap plug for me) and get some heat shrink . if you get the good kind from us....they have a layer of glue on the inside of it. clean the cup good with some brake clean....cup the shrink tubing to fit....take a heat gun or lighter to shrink the tunbing...and Viola!!! instant fix that can still be removed later (cut the shrink off and heat the glue). at this time......i would put a coat of light grease in the swivel ball part and use some HPI Baja boots on top of it. i jst did all mine today. less that a $2 fix and any GOOD Napa store has these in bulk boxes in the back that they can sell one piece out of. you guys let me know how this works for you.....because it's doing fine so far for me on the Savage and we'll see how long it lasts on the MT.
Great idea soulja i thought about doing that with mine.

krashkrieg

Contributor
soulja55 said:
the same thing happened to me tuesday. but i race hpi savages.....and i found a quick fix for this from my Savage axle cvds. the best fix i have found yet for a sliding pin is to go to your nearest Napa (cheap plug for me) and get some heat shrink . if you get the good kind from us....they have a layer of glue on the inside of it. clean the cup good with some brake clean....cup the shrink tubing to fit....take a heat gun or lighter to shrink the tunbing...and Viola!!! instant fix that can still be removed later (cut the shrink off and heat the glue). at this time......i would put a coat of light grease in the swivel ball part and use some HPI Baja boots on top of it. i jst did all mine today. less that a $2 fix and any GOOD Napa store has these in bulk boxes in the back that they can sell one piece out of. you guys let me know how this works for you.....because it's doing fine so far for me on the Savage and we'll see how long it lasts on the MT.
Thanks Soul man! As I prepare my MT for her first run, I will do this after locktite to help durability

soulja55

no problem....some of the nitro experience i have i'm tryin to work in these gas rigs........i will get get some pics and try to do a thread on it tonight when i get off work.

soulja55

FAST EDDIE said:
i post a link. check it out

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3721

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts