• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cy motor

G

They would be a direct bolt in. They would not be much better, if any, than the stock engine. You would maybe get better top end as they would rev higher.

andyken

Just been looking to hop up a little without breaking the bank.

Is the stock motor 3hp?

Any other sugestions ?

Maybe around $2-300 range.

I have a rear jetpro, and a [hard to start] 990 carb on the stock motor.

I can reuse those parts, if I get just the motor, but I think I want a carb with a choke...

G

cherryride said:
what about a head kit?
If your not afraid to do it the head kits give the most bang for the buck, for sure!

larryo

HI i would just lighten the piston and cut eyebrows in the head,widen the exh port and arch the top.The piston skirt on the intake scide file off 15tho at a time.I have pic of the work i do but just can't get them on the forum lol.

I do mod engines it's fun to see what u can get out of them.

G

A lot of guys will tell you that kit makes great power.

andyken

RCDAD said:
If you don't mind using your flywheel, coil, covers and clutch case. The long block engines are a less expensive way to get more power. http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines/prostock-ported-full-mod-long-blocks/1722-5hp-prostock-29-5cc-4-bolt-long-block.html
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines/prostock-ported-full-mod-long-blocks/6261-5-5hp-prostock-30-5cc-4-bolt-long-block.html

Is there a difference between these?

29.5 = 5hp

30.5 = 5.5hp

Both same price?...bigger cc any better?

G

I'd go with the 30.5. It should have a bit more torque also.

G

andyken said:
What about carb intake manifold? Should I get a new one?
If you don't like the 990 you could go back to a 668. However the 990 rocks on the ported engines. As for the intake, now would be a good time since its in the build stage.

andyken

RCDAD said:
If you don't like the 990 you could go back to a 668. However the 990 rocks on the ported engines. As for the intake, now would be a good time since its in the build stage.
I think I will try my 990, but should I reuse the stock manifold?

I heard the stock one can warp, If get get a new one...is there a non warping/ metal version?

Thank you for all your help!

G

Yes I use the aluminum versions with the Teflon gaskets. This is the one I like. http://www.largescalerc.com/ShortBilletAluminumIntakeforCYZenoah.aspx

Before you install it do a test fit of the carb screwed to the intake to make sure your screws don't extend through to the back side of the intake. This is a common cause of air leaks. You may need to shorten your carb screws a few threads.

G

The 1 inch. I'm not sure why its not printed in the description, but the 3/4 inch stack has a smaller inside opening. Too small for our carbs. I thought I'd try one once. LOL Still have it with no use for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts