• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Computers

Chief409

Had to get a new desk top Tuesday afternoon, the 7 year old Gateway Core2 isn't hardware compatible with Win7 after a hard drive change (the old drive hadn't failed, but was close) and Vista SP1 wouldn't install no matter what I tried after downloading it from MS.

Got a Lenovo H430 with Win8 for $419 after tax, at Staples. 1TB hard drive, 4GB memory Intel 4 core processor at 3 GHz, video has HDMI, VGA and DVI out, Dolby 5 audio. I used to dream about something like this when I was building and overclocking PC's. Hard drive prices are good also, 1TB for $108. Total of 2TB onboard storage now.

Win8, OK after I discovered how to get to the desktop, Control Panel and Computer. It starts up with all the touch screen stuff first. Think I need a Blu-ray drive though, the onboard HDMI video is great with DVD's on the 26" flat panel monitor, killer sound on the Bose desk speakers. So far all the programs I have that work on Vista or Win7 work on Win8, local networking is the same as Win7. Security is tighter, more locations where the admin password is required.

Should make video editing much easier, as soon as I learn all the tricks of the trade. Very Fast Machine.

DemonRC

I'm still trying to get used to using that Win 8 start screen. I guess Microsoft didn't realize that people are used to small icons because of their Iphone/Android phones and don't want a desktop filled with a dozen HUGE tiles. I feel like I'm using a computer built for the seeing impaired.

racetruck

sounds like you got a real good deal on the PC is windows easy to use with the touch screen i am still ueing XP on 3 of my computers i had a laptop gave to me with no hard drive i found a sata drive to install in it and put windows 7 on it and trying to get used to 7 i hate to see how hard it would be using windows 8 good luck with your new computer :eek:

rampage idiot

DemonRC said:
I'm still trying to get used to using that Win 8 start screen. I guess Microsoft didn't realize that people are used to small icons because of their Iphone/Android phones and don't want a desktop filled with a dozen HUGE tiles. I feel like I'm using a computer built for the seeing impaired.
If you really don't like the win 8 screen you can go to classic shell .net they have a small downloadable file that changes your screen to win 7 it works great no problems as of yet got it on 3 machines!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts