• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Coil Slipping

Phill

Hi Guys

I'm running a Zenoah G290 and after every run the coil is rubbing on the flywheel

I adjust it and after the next run it's rubbing again

The bolts are tight and I don't want to use Loctite in case it slips and I can't get the bolts out

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phill

Phill

Thanks but I don't want to use Loctite in case it slips and I can't get the bolts out.

I've had probs getting Loctited bolts out before even with heat

Phill

Found the problem

One bolt is broken leaving only about 3/8 inch of thread going into head

It's broken too far in to get hold of

Any suggestions?

RampageHopUps

phreerider

drill it / ease out! , get a slightly shorter bolt , or trim one. it likely bottomed out and broke. if its bottomed out , something maybe missing...lock washer, flat washer[coil] plastic spacer. the spacers can be split look for that as well.

the red may hold for sometime

redbull pylon races on one screen, isle of man on the other with Ravel on the stereo while hi on redcat wrenchin'

Phill

Ice_2k said:
And not Nascar, but F1 :p
I used to watch F1 but it got boring

Being a rider (ZX 11) it's usually MotoGP , occaisionally Nascars and if I'm up early enough Monster Jam

Phill

phreerider said:
drill it / ease out! , get a slightly shorter bolt , or trim one. it likely bottomed out and broke. if its bottomed out , something maybe missing...lock washer, flat washer[coil] plastic spacer. the spacers can be split look for that as well. the red may hold for sometime

redbull pylon races on one screen, isle of man on the other with Ravel on the stereo while hi on redcat wrenchin'
Trouble is bolt was loctited in with red

I have a spare cylinder I'll use when needed then look at maybe drilling out and retapping.

While its going I'll leave it alone

phreerider

i would do the same , run it . then tool it when its off.

fresh drill and it'll be over in a flash!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts