• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cmr4h

BertR

Hey Phill... You wanted to know what the piston looks like after 3 gallons on a cmr4h plug.. IMG_20140830_172643966.jpg IMG_20140830_172741315.jpg IMG_20140830_172956710.jpg The only issue I had was non plug related lol. I snagged a ring on the intake and broke off a piece of ring as you see the groove in the head and 2 smash spots on the piston. As you see no melting of the piston.

Ildy666

How's ur home grown port job with power? I have a few 30.5 2 bolts I want to port.so if u got any pointers I be glad to listen.....

BertR

It's not to bad..not as good as sweet as my OBR but decent. This engine is in my last video I posted in the sand. I need to do another and focus on the cylinder side of the exhaust port and not the header side. This engine is all rev with mild torque.. It hits about a sweet 45mph on 31/29 gears.

Phill

BertR said:
Hey Phill... You wanted to know what the piston looks like after 3 gallons on a cmr4h plug.. The only issue I had was non plug related lol. I snagged a ring on the intake and broke off a piece of ring as you see the groove in the head and 2 smash spots on the piston. As you see no melting of the piston.
Looks good Bert

BertR

Ya know Phill...if you had not been curious about the plug I never would have pulled the jug off. Glad I did with the grove it was cutting in the wall, you can lay a toothpick in that nasty slit lol. Back to the drawing board with another stock head and ring....I can do a better one for sure....Ildy I will document to the best of my ability and send it on to you to have fun with.

Phill

BertR said:
Ya know Phill...if you had not been curious about the plug I never would have pulled the jug off. Glad I did with the grove it was cutting in the wall, you can lay a toothpick in that nasty slit lol. Back to the drawing board with another stock head and ring....I can do a better one for sure....Ildy I will document to the best of my ability and send it on to you to have fun with.
It's a wonder it was still running Bert

I've got a 2 bolt CY with a smaller groove that won't run at all

Ildy666

BertR said:
Cool thanx I can't wait to see the progress....

SYNPRODUCTIONZ

Hey Guys,

Where can I get a cheap replacement stock head for my 30cc MT? My exhaust mount is stripped and need to replace the head.

Thanks,

Shawn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts