• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch set up

AlvaSpeed

Well.......

I put a 8K clutch spring and light flywheel on my stock 23cc engine and It took off like hell from a standing start. I could see that the clutch was grabbing at higher rpms compared with the stock one. Also with the lightweight flywheel the engine was revving much faster.

Now my ESP 27.2 with a 8K spring doesn take off like the other engine.

I see that the clutch is grabbing at lower rpms compared to the other engine.

Are these clutch shoes and springs constant in their weight, tension?

Are there lighter/heavier clutch shoes?

kryptonite

there are diffrent clutch set-ups for us if thats what your asking. there is the 3 and 4 shoe adjustable elcon clutch and also the loughterbacher clutch system. fg also makes an adjustable clutch but not sure how it works with the cy case.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1611/.f

as far as the 8k spring, i like them. i have only broke one and that was my foult. any clutch spring will wear out in time as the heat will eventually weakin them

jigawatt

oh cool... ha, that thing should grab pretty quick.

kryptonite

its ajustable, so it will grab when ever you want, but becouse of the ceramic pads and 4 clutch shoes, you can set it lower with the same resoults but have more usable motor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts