• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clubin's cooling mod.

Clubin

Banned
Well, 5 minutes into my first serious bash A/B melt down, so this is what I did.

May09080.jpg

May09081.jpg

I bashed for 25 minutes on a new set of gears and they appear to be holding up good, just a little air movement in the gear cover appears to do wonders.

IMADMAN

I would be concerned of all the little crap that may get sucked in and out on to the gears. I think i'm gonna do a mesh mod on mine. I like the concept though.

chucked

pretty cool, cant wait to see how it works. I still like my oil filled gearbox the best

chucked

Honestly, I haven't ran it in a good 3 weeks, if not longer. Lol But I've put maybe 4 tanks through this set of gears and they are still tight.

Piranha2

Contributor
It's those damn Excavators, I didn't smoke any gears till I put them on! I drilled holes in my cover too but when I inspected it today, I found a couple of little pebbles embedded in the gearset.

chucked

yea I am running... uhh.... ummmmmmm.... man its been awhile.... ummm.... BADLANDS!!! They are a good bit lighter then excavators.

Piranha2

Contributor
Hey Clubin, why does your overflow line go into your cowl? Nice rollcage too, where'd ya git that??? And is that a sidepipe I see????

kryptonite

i lkie that idea. the vent pipe will keep rocks out. took my rigs out today with a modded gear cover and they were perfect all day..

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
Hey Clubin, why does your overflow line go into your cowl? Nice rollcage too, where'd ya git that??? And is that a sidepipe I see????
For winter bashing, the vent kept frezing up, there it doesn't.

I amde the roll cage.

Yes, that is a side pipe, I like it. It looks food under my Asguard body. lol

I will lay a licken on it again through the week. We'll see how it works out. It sure can't be any worse. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts