• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Choke on or off

bctech

I just had my first engine start, I open the choke, everything is fine. but whenever I close it the engine got shut down. I already run the full tank with choke open, is it good to let it open ? :confused:

Heavy Chevy

Mine is like this out of the box too. Just recently, I started to tune it a bit more. I don't have too much experience with tuning but I'm working it out.

bctech said:
I just had my first engine start, I open the choke, everything is fine. but whenever I close it the engine got shut down. I already run the full tank with choke open, is it good to let it open ? :confused:

rpking

the only time you should have to close the choke is when you start your engine, when its cold. cold meaning it hasnt been run for a while, after it starts and gets warmed up for a few seconds you should be able to open the choke, you want to run your engine with the choke open.

chevy

Bctech the chock is made for when you go to start a cold motor you need more fuel than air going into the motor so by closing the chock pulling the pullstart once or twice then opening the chock and pull the pullstart again it should start its ok to run the truck with the choke fully open thats how its designed to run, at wide open throttle you don't want anything restricting airflow into the combustion chamber.

bctech

Thank you all you guys !!

I guess I just had that reversed in mind. Now is all good, thank you!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts