• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cheap Portable Lights

Piranha2

Contributor
I just made this "light box" up for when we're out till dusk.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

wait.... you meen your rig is still together at the end of the day? i don't need lights. i have a card board box.. :D

Piranha2

Contributor
I use a 9 volt and 4-10mm LED's, it's all self-contained with an on/off switch.

Yeah, she's been doing pretty good lately, but we're pansies, we don't do 30' drops :D .......and we have about a 1 mile walk out of the woods. Plus with quads and dirtbikes the lights and sound help them know we're on the trail.

And the pictures don't show but it illuminates an area about 6' x 30'

Piranha2

Contributor
UPDATE, 1 bad asphalt rollover and the "lightbox" is GONE.....oops.....well, I made new lights, 10 - 10mm LED's, weird thing is check out the shadows????.....anyways, this one is powered by the stock 1500mAh receiver pack seperate from the 4500 for the radio and it's pushing a couple of WATTS of power...NICE.

kryptonite

Piranha2 said:
Close up? I'll post up the underside tomorrow.......did you see the "cat" in the shadows?
ya, i wana see how its wired to the body and stuff. i have under chassis lights on my new rig as i do late night rc'ing in the parking lot, but i have a hard time determining which way is front to back when its far away. that reflection is freaky!! its just the way it shines thru the bumper? its in all the front pics. looks like a HUGE freaked out cat!!

Z

ZielkeRacing

I like that! Nice and bright. Now I can piss off my neighbors at night time too!! ;)

Piranha2

Contributor
I have the Asgard for daytime running and the stock body (because it has a flat face for mounting the LED's) for nighttime.......oh and Z, you will piss everyone off.....if you think these things are loud during the daytime, at night, it's 10 fold!!!!!.......I also upped the current 15 times what it was, so these are SUPER bright!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.