• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Central Texas 1/5th Off-Road Track-Who would come and race?

twostrokehobbies

We have moved the track to New Braunfels and all info can be found here... www.tsrraceway.com

I have been wanting to build a 1/5 scale track for some time, and now I have a piece of property that I can do that. Read below to see what I propose, and post your thoughts.

I need to be sure there will be support before I spend the money. Please post if you would race here, and where you are from please.

DETAILS:

Location- Cibolo Texas 78108

Races will be held every 2 weeks on Saturdays. Hopefully this will help attendance from those from Houston/Corpus/Dallas area.

Dallas/Ft. Worth- 4 Hours

Houston- 3 Hours

Austin- 1 Hour

San Antonio- 20 Minutes

Corpus Christi- 3 Hours

Track will be built solely for 1/5th scale. For those guys that have tried to run on an 1/8th scale track know what I mean. All Lanes will be 20ft wide and will have natural grass borders on both sides of lane. No piping will be used, you know you've been high centered on piping before. All lanes will have 10ft in between them, and 4 hay bales will be made into a square for marshals at each marshal area to stand on. This will give plenty of room for marshals to move around in between lanes, and something to jump up on for safety.

Classes:

To grow attendance, classes will be "open" at first, then after a while we can start breaking them down further.

To start:

1/5th 2WD Gas

1/5th 4WD Gas

1/5th 2WD Electric

1/5th 4WD Electric

If we have 5 entries to make a class, then we can break down to:

1/5th 2WD Gas Buggy

1/5th 2WD Gas Short Course Truck

1/5th 2WD Electric Buggy

1/5th 2WD Electric Short Course Truck

1/5th 4WD Gas Buggy

1/5th 4WD Gas Short Course Truck

1/5th 4WD Electric Buggy

1/5th 4WD Gas Short Course Truck

If there is interest, I WILL build it!

Last edited by a moderator:

twostrokehobbies

We are looking for a used AMB Timing Box. If you have one for loan, for sell, or know where one is for sale, please let us know.

twostrokehobbies

AMB Timing system has been purchased. We will be starting track work very shortly. Stay Tuned!

DemonRC

I'm on the west side of Houston. I'll make plans on a weekend to come play when it's done. Also, some of my HPI buddies have mentioned your track too so I know they are willing to go.

twostrokehobbies

DemonRC said:
I'm on the west side of Houston. I'll make plans on a weekend to come play when it's done. Also, some of my HPI buddies have mentioned your track too so I know they are willing to go.
Very nice. We have alot of interest from the San Antonio area and Austin area, looks like turnouts are going to be real good.

twostrokehobbies

progress from today.....

TSH Raceway (1).jpg

TSH Raceway (1).jpg

/monthly_2011_10/583c60627f48e_TSHRaceway(1).jpg.ed27d920f395ac25304e0abc200004ff.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts