• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb?

WAYNE8004

Anyone have any suggestions on a good carb to upgrade to on my mt?

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
I don't have any personal experience of the 813 but have been told it's hard to tuneThe 990 works fine for me
I have both. I hated the 990 (others love it). Since it took me like 20 pulls each time to get it started.(yes It was tuned correctly)

As for Tuning, they're both similar.

1turn low needle and 1.25 turn high needle.

Carb tuning is pretty much easy. I have a rule, Just tune it as the above and if ur not satisfied, turn 1/8 to the left or 1/8 to the right till you have the correct engine sound.

Phill

Silent_chaos said:
I have both. I hated the 990 (others love it). Since it took me like 20 pulls each time to get it started.(yes It was tuned correctly)As for Tuning, they're both similar.

1turn low needle and 1.25 turn high needle.

Carb tuning is pretty much easy. I have a rule, Just tune it as the above and if ur not satisfied, turn 1/8 to the left or 1/8 to the right till you have the correct engine sound.
I don't have that problem

Usually starts in 2 - 3 pulls but every motor/carb is different

BertR

I run the 813 and would have to say ...It's not hard to tune nor hard to start 3 pulls is all it takes.

rcgasser

Silent_chaos said:
I have both. I hated the 990 (others love it). Since it took me like 20 pulls each time to get it started.(yes It was tuned correctly)No it was not tuned correctly if it took that many pulls to get it started.

And from this rule you have you will never tune correctly what is the correct engine sounds like when you have the high speed needle set correctly.

rcgasser

Silent_chaos said:
I have both. I hated the 990 (others love it). Since it took me like 20 pulls each time to get it started.(yes It was tuned correctly)
NO it was not tuned correctly if it takes that many pulls.

Silent_chaos

rcgasser said:
And from this rule you have you will never tune correctly what is the correct engine sounds like when you have the high speed needle set correctly.
All depends on performance mate.

I take the 1 and 1.25 as a basis. Always do small runs to tune correctly.. If it's set, it's set.

rcgasser

Silent_chaos said:
All depends on performance mate.I take the 1 and 1.25 as a basis. Always do small runs to tune correctly.. If it's set, it's set.
still did not answer the question what does the engine sound like when you have the high speed needle set correctly????? your words "turn 1/8 to the left or 1/8 to the right till you have the correct engine sound". Now you are speaking on performance. That is not engine sound.

Silent_chaos

rcgasser said:
still did not answer the question what does the engine sound like when you have the high speed needle set correctly????? your words "turn 1/8 to the left or 1/8 to the right till you have the correct engine sound". Now you are speaking on performance. That is not engine sound.
Oh, my bad, I did not get your question beforehand.

On low rpm it does nothing. When i reach high rpm it screams like it's supposed to. Not a single hiccup or misfire or bogging down or engine shutting down. Spark plug is dry. My brother is an engine mechanic and be knows a thing or two when it comes to engines. Even he was surprised.

When engine is hot, it fires up in 1 pull.

When engine is cold it's usually15- 20 pulls no flooding.

And allow me to ask, what does the Hsn has to do with firing up? It's either the idle screw or the lsn is too rich.

I live near the sea, elevation is 0 meters.

Sometimes the humidity is high and other times it's not as high as it should be. Maybe that was my issue.

I'm not the only one who bashes locally, and any sort of misfire or engine malfunction is usually fixed up mutually due to friendly atmosphere.

Just didnt like the 990. Maybe i had a bad one.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

chaos you are very funny!!!! I see you often on here other forums also you do alot of reading I will give you that!!!! then you try to take what you have read from somebody else experience to make that you or a friend has that same experience which is not true you are just going off something that you have read once again. You say now you have a brother who is a mechanic!!!!!! when not too long ago you did not even know the difference between a socket wrench and a torque wrench your brother should have atleast taught you the difference. We was talking about torque wrench then you chimed in and posted a pic of a socket set!!!! then I had to come explain the difference to you so now you are a tuning professional.

You do the same when it comes to any motor you only have the 2 cars the one you posted you build up on the other forum and the redcat XB that's it but if you let anybody speak on a motor you will always speak on the biggest motor that you don't even have yourself once again its a friend of yours have it no it something that you have read off the internet once again. Everything that you read off the net is not true and you repeating that again makes it easier for somebody else to find makes the not true information more easier to find.

Most people on this forum will relay what experience they have had if they had that problem what they did to fix the problem and we all can learn from there, if they have not had that problem they will not say anything and thatch that.

But not you you will comment on all engine carb question because you have a friend or eatheir called and this or that is coming out once again you only have 2 cars stick to the 2 cars that you have and that you know.

Silent_chaos

I have no idea why you are this mad or feel that much offended.

Yeah, english is not my first language. We do not say socket wrench or torque wrench in arabic.. some words i have to google beforehand just to see how the item looks like.

As a matter of fact, what does torque wrench have to do with being a "carb tuning professional" ??

I don't know why you're bringing the subject of other cars as I don't recall bringing in their subject anywhere in this thread.

As my name being mentioned in other forums, ur mistaken.

The only forums I post is in hbf and redcat, and I don't recall posting in other forums discussing cars I don't have and fiercly arguing people... If you have proof, please let me know. Might be a someone who stole my nick.

Note that I constantly exchange and switch trucks with friends on local track and even help eachother out in tuning/putting in parts. I have driven and assembled bajas, driven 90%of FGs, losi 5ive fake and real and even CEN. ( some Similar parts with xb btw)

As for the engines, i have real experience with skopod 62, zenoah 26cc till 30.5 and ur usual hy/cy engine, which i have replaced its top end and pretty much dismantled everything from ground up back when I upgraded to ESP ported.

As for in the carbs, this is the 990 which im holding. Replaced by 998 in both cars that I have. Want me to send you the receipt?

The below is what I was working on yesterday. Thats an FG that needed gear and throttle servo change.

I do a lot of reading, yes. Nobody said I beleive everything on the internet, that's why I ask tons of people before purchasing anything. I do have some very minor experience in 5th scales, i don't even consider myself pro nor ever will. I just post my experience and people are free to take the advice or not. Im not inventing the atom nor it's a rocket science, it's just RC where A fits B otherwise check manual.

So Before telling me what to do and what to post, note that this is my opinion (and im free to post what I want). don't take it too hard. Nobody is forcing you to like it nor forcing you to sleeping with it...

Next time make sure that you have enough correct information on me before posting false made up arguments.

rcgasser

I AM SPEAKING ON WHAT I KNOW YOU DIDN'T KNOW A TORQUE WRENCH FROM A SOCKET SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that very elementary AND YOU HAVE A BROTHER FOR A MECHANIC!!!!! I am not mad at all WOW now you post a 3rd car good for you you have a great name chaos that is what you do. And you have just been on here 1 year keep up the great work.

Silent_chaos

What does my brother have to do with me knowing a torque from the socket set? Something thats not even my 1st language..

I posted a car since you are actually having a hard time beleiving that I don't have experience with them.

Yeah you don't seem mad at all with all that caps lock.

Thanks for ruining Wayne's thread. And for not accepting others opinion as a change, i thought America was the land of freedom. Lol.. Keep it up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts