• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb upgrade

rroberson7805

I have a rampage xt that I bought slightly used and wish to upgrade the carburetor next. It has a jetpro pipe, lighter hpi wheels and racing air filter so far. I also have a 2 speed transmission that should arrive at my door in 4 days. Next I want to upgrade my carburetor and would like to hear some opinions. It is the 30.5 cc motor and don't know if I want to go with the walbro 990 or 1107 and if there are any more options that i have not found 1d0f891bf7ff3335bcba6fd4fbd894a0.jpg . Having choke is not important to me, I am able to tune and crank my engine well by now and would just like some opinions and knowledge on the upgrade carbs. How do I find out wich carb I already have? Is there a number on it somewhere? I'm pretty sure it's stock but not 100% because I bought it used and previous owner did tinker with it quite a bit. I also noticed my 2 spacers were missing between the motor and chassis so fixed that already and have it sitting right. Also every time I use the search on this app I get no results for anything I search for, must be a bug on my end I guess. Any and all is greatly appreciated guys.

Ice_2k

The 29.5cc has a carb similar to the 668. Both the 990 and the 1107 are good choices. If you don't need the choke, you should probably go with the 990.

Ildy666

I run the 998 an updated version of the 813 it has an accelerator pump in it

Ice_2k

1107 has slightly bigger venturi and added choke. For the 32cc Zenoah, it comes as stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts