• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Car randomly dies

Dirk Squarejaw

I have a Chimera with a CY 27cc in it from DDM. I've changed nothing on the car since the last time I ran it. I mixed up some new fuel with Maxima 927, started the car and it ran great for about 5-7 minutes and it just quit. I loaded it up in the car, took it home and started it in the garage like nothing was wrong. Took it down the drive and a little down the road. It came back up the drive and when I slowed down coming into the garage, it died again.

BTW, this car/engine only has a gallon through it.

Ice_2k

Is it revving up before dying or do the rpms just go too low?

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Is it revving up before dying or do the rpms just go too low?
+ 1 . If it's revving up before dying, that's fuel starvation, could be fuel tank cap needing venting.

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

the gas cap vent hole-- get a piece of test plastic, few drill bits-drill ,piece of gas line, cut one end of the gas line in a V shape - makes the hose go tru the hole better-- on the test plastic, find the drill size that provides a snug fitment for the hose - tubing. then drill a hole in the center of the gas cap. zip ty the other end of the hose to the roll cage.-- yup- its a quick & dirty way to do this-- but it works. good idea to remove the rubber cup inside the gas cap before drilling the hole also.

alfred e numan

forgot to say-- you cannot use silicone tubing like is used on nitro cars, gas eats it up. agan-- the keyword is quick & dirty, just get some fish tank airline tubing -- wal-mart ?? this is good enough for the gas cap vent hose, beats wasting 1/2 day running all over town looking for a hobbie shop---good luck with the new r-c.

alfred e numan

thats what the drill bits on a seperate piece of plastic is for, find the size drill bit that allows a tight fitment for the tubing, the V shaped cut on one end of the tubing helps getting the tubing tru the hole.

daredevils

i finally did it, i made a hole in the cap, put a fish tank airline tubing, and zip tie it to the body post.

Only thing i find annoying is when i try to open the fuel cap , the tube is twisting badly, any idea how to fix that?

alfred e numan

as you find the time, look in the phone book for a chain saw dealer One that carries Stihl saws-weed eaters- ect-ect. Ask to buy bulk fuel line- buy 3 or 4 feet of what is called TYGON fuel line.- in time you will be needing this for replacing what came with your r-c. Tygon fuel line was first used on military- aerospace stuff years ago-- its another trickle down effect - as time goes buy- we can buy the good stuff you see? this will twist up too- but springs back in shape over and over agan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts