• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

can someone explain to me..

rob142sti

what does it mean when the servos are

digital

single/dual proportional

im using an extremely old futaba servo for my th/br and it chatters like a mofo if set at any arm position..

would running a 2.4ghz setup with that extremely old servo do that.. were talking 10+ years old. but never used until now

i read something where you need a voltage regulator to run digital servos such as rhino and certain hitechs.. is this true, and if so where do i get it

also my steering servo got hungry and ate 3/4 of the teeth on the big gear.. i just turned it around 180 degrees and it seems to work fine now.. will this hold up till i get another. anyone done this?

Obeast44

Banned
As far as the older servo...I havent a clue. Im running 2-Hitec HS5745MG steering servos and a Hitec HS645mg T/B servo, all off the receiver. A voltage regulator only steps voltage down from a higher voltage to the acceptable 6v range that most servos and Receivers use. Most NiMH receiver packs do not require a regulator, unlike 2s lipo. Also switching the gear around should work for a while til it strips again.

timsted

what tx are you using? i know that a 4pk left in digital mode will eat up an analog servo. if ya have a fancy radio, check your settings, most digital servos run just fine in normal systems. also, some futaba servos aren't built for 6v, only 4.8v.

rob142sti

timsted said:
what tx are you using? i know that a 4pk left in digital mode will eat up an analog servo. if ya have a fancy radio, check your settings, most digital servos run just fine in normal systems. also, some futaba servos aren't built for 6v, only 4.8v.
i think that might be it.. the servo i got came from a futaba pack.. radio, reciever, 5 servos, and a 4.8v battery.. old from like 1999 for a huge airplane

timsted

it might take some digging, but you could probably find the specs for that servo on futaba's page.

hamster huey

what does it mean when the servos are

digital

single/dual proportional

would running a 2.4ghz setup with that extremely old servo do that.. were talking 10+ years old. but never used until now

Some analog servos cannot handle high frequency signals. Its trial and error or researching your equipment or reading the manuals to find out. The only reason I know of for a voltage regulator is if your trying to feed in more voltage than the servo can handle. The regulator regulates the voltage to a certain voltage. So you need to know how much your servo can handle and how much your putting into it. Your probably referring to most servos not liking 7.4 lipo voltage (the 7.4 servos are just coming out). Some esc's, and recievers have voltage regulator built in but not all of them do. Check out this link for how digital and anolog servos work. http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_servos.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts