• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bumpy grass and mole hills are bad for drivetrain

Chargingram

So today I was able to get about 3 tanks through before bouncing around got the best of my XT at Marymoore Park.

Please feel free to look through the gallery

http://imgur.com/a/APAqY#12

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That's caused from chassis flex.

A 7075RC chassis will prevent that.

chapinb

That looks more like a bearing wore out and melted the case. Flex may have killed it but it was probably the bearing that started it.

Either way, the 7075 diff case is a great piece of kit!

If the diff is too pricey, at the very least get some quality bearings in there. Boca green seals have been treating me well.

Chargingram

I will have to add both the new chassis and gearbox to my wish list to purchase next month as those will not fit in my monthly RC budget since I am committed to getting a new ESC and BL motor for my "rockracer" :) .

Does the 7075 gearbox use the same size bearings as the stocker or do I need to find a new size? I really like how the 7075 chassis eliminates that center gear hole.

BertR

Flex is a killer on the rear diff You will want to get a new crown and drive gear ....When your diff goes like that you round the teeth and will trash a new case in a matter of a few runs or maybe less.

rampage idiot

Chargingram said:
I will have to add both the new chassis and gearbox to my wish list to purchase next month as those will not fit in my monthly RC budget since I am committed to getting a new ESC and BL motor for my "rockracer" :) .Does the 7075 gearbox use the same size bearings as the stocker or do I need to find a new size? I really like how the 7075 chassis eliminates that center gear hole.
Bearings are the same size as stock

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts