• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bogging in the corners

fastlane

Team Driver
Well the car runs perfect except in the turns. It bogs down and I have to idle for a second for it to catch up. What am I doing wrong or what do I need. I am runnin a 668 carb on a 29cc race ported stroker.

kryptonite

your at stock settings on the carb? if so, you might have to lean out the low or high side. the stock settings are just a referance for a stock motor/pipe. you changed some stuff around like the top end and i think the pipe too(?). i had a new motor/case/pipe that wouldnt even start at stock settings. since the motor is still new, you want to make sure you don't lean it out too much. just enough for it to run decant. do 1/16 turn in. buy the second tank you can lean out the low needle and tune the high needle for top speed. it sounds like the carb is just loading up from coming off the high needle becouse its too rich on both sides. i wouldnt really mess with it too much till you get it completly broke in. (i know, its hard). once your on the 3rd tank you can safely tune the motor and you wont have to mess with it again..

now, this also depends on what type of bogging you have. there is a few other things that could couse this. and since we cant see i will go over the basics. one thing to check out right away is the tank vent. most 5th scales have crappy tank vents. to check if the tank isnt venting properly, just get it so it starts bogging and bring it over to pull the gas cap off. if the tank is pressurized then its just starving for fuel. open the tank vent pin hole and take out the little nipple under the cap. also check the tank filter. sometimes from the factory its not on the bottom of the tank and simply losing fuel around the corner. the other basic thing is it could be bogging from the motor. it has a light clutch spring and our 2strokes have very little power on the low side. a higher rpm clutch spring will help out regourdless. that really isnt a bogging tho. it feels more like a motor lag then bogging down.. these are the little things you'll have to contend with till its all straightened out.

fastlane

Team Driver
thanks. I have a DDM 7500 rpm spring installed and also a 29cc stroker kit race ported and a DDM pipe. Like I said it flys I will check out what you suggested and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Did you put on high grip tires? Super grippy tires can slow down the spooling up of the motor especially when coming out of a turn.

AlvaSpeed

It is running out of fuel.

It is the fuel pick up inside the tank.

Make sure it reaches the bottom of the tank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts