• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bitten by the Bug

rcgasser

blak__jak said:
I really like the paint on that buggy. i'm not much on stock paint jobs usually but that one is just to cool. wonder if we can get those bodies here in the states.
Just to give you the heads up that is an exceed buggy not a redcat that body is wider and shorter then the redcat DR.

TheCount

rcgasser said:
Just to give you the heads up that is an exceed buggy not a redcat that body is wider and shorter then the redcat DR.
Are you talking about my buggy? The length & width are the same as a D/R.

It does look shorter in the pic, granted. It looks way shorter than the D/R 's you guys have in your profile pic. But it has the same dimensions as a D/R.

Just like my MT is the same as a Redcat MT.

I think it's the big wheels that make it look short.

rcgasser

TheCount said:
Are you talking about my buggy? The length & width are the same as a D/R.It does look shorter in the pic, granted. It looks way shorter than the D/R 's you guys have in your profile pic. But it has the same dimensions as a D/R.

Just like my MT is the same as a Redcat MT.

I think it's the big wheels that make it look short.
No the tires are the same this is what you have http://www.nitrorcx.com/newrtrexrcba.html and this is the specs Length:

770 MM 30.31 inch.

Width:

490 MM 19.29 inch.

Height:

305 MM 12 inch.

Wheelbase:

570 MM 22.44 inch.

Ground Clearance:

55 MM 2.16 inch.

Here is the redcat D/R specs

Length825mm

Width480mm

Height270mm

Dry Weight12.5KG (27.5 LBS)

Even if anybody on here with a D/R looks at your pick counts the holes they see in the side of the chassis on the D/R there are four full holes then the side gaurds on yours there is 3 holes and the side guards start early on the 4th hole your is wider to allow for the dual servos on the steering the D/R just has a single servo for the steering.

TheCount

You have a very keen eye.

Totally right. hmmm i went for this one because it is the newer version with twin steering servo. I could have got the "old" version from the same guy. it was $50 cheaper than the 1 i got.

In the listing it had the specs down as the same as a D/R, thats why i bought it.

Anyway it's basically the same & still kicks ass.

rcgasser

Cool glad you are enjoying it I sold exceed for awhile when they first came to the states but here in the states they do not keep parts in stock good at all so I stopped so thats why I know a great deal about the exceed. The dual servo is really over kill on the buggy 1 good servo will work just and great or better.

TheCount

Yeah, if i had known i would have gone the longer buggy, i emailed the guy & told him to fix the info on the listing so no one gets upset. lol. The parts still seem to be the same as my MT. When i broke the rear diff housing, i used the spare half from my MT diff housing.

I might buy a long chassis & transfer the parts over. Should work with minimal hassle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts