• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best engine upgrade for the MT pro ?

Keith81

Looks like I might go with a 5.5 prostock, hehe

Does adding the pipe unleash more hp ?

how much hp does the stock 30cc hold?

G

A good pipe will add at least 1 hp. The 30.5 really doesn't have more hp, but is suppose to have a little more torque. When I spoke with OBR they recommended the 30.5 for the heavier rides.

Keith81

RCDAD said:
A good pipe will add at least 1 hp. The 30.5 really doesn't have more hp, but is suppose to have a little more torque. When I spoke with OBR they recommended the 30.5 for the heavier rides.
good to know!

DustyR3825

Banned
RCDAD said:
Sean at OBR said the exact same as far as the 30.5 providing more torque. The 27.2 will provide the best RPM's he said!

Keith81

I'm stuck between dogpile racings wildchild and obr's prostock durabuilty motor... Dogpile racing is like 40 mins from where I live and well OBR is in cali I think...

I dunno..

What would YOU do...

Wildchild for around $500 or the OBR prostock durability motor for $500

Tough Choice HERE!!!

G

I would always choose local if I could. I just hate waiting for the mail man. LOL

Keith81

OBR PROSTOCK...

This outta be great once I get it, Think I am gonna order it this coming week...

Still debating on which engine to get, I got my mind made up to OBR though....

DustyR3825

Banned
I would buy just the 30.5 long block. Then just use the parts from your stock motor to complete. Doesn't take long at all......Just my opinion and will save some cash.....

Keith81

I ordered a OBR Full Mod Zenoah 30.5cc 4 Bolt Engine this evening off ebay. I'm gonna put it on my MT pro when it comes in. Anything else I need to know about this engine ?

DemonRC

Ya just like Deluge said. If you keep the Zenoah clutch housing you can squeeze the engine in there but you'll most likely crack the housing and/or fancover after a few runs.

Keith81

So Far So Good...

Been letting her break in now, its on tank #2....

One tank to go then I can use this puppy...

PISTOL PETE

keith81 said:
yeah 7hp sounds nice but i don't wanna kill my drivetrain..What do the stock 30cc's put out ?

How about a 4.5/5hp motor ???
i think stock they are about 2hp if that. 4.5 will be noticeable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts