• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bent shocks

Cadimman

Always do. Thanks. Already placed my order. I'll see if they'll let me add to it as I didn't know I should have the extended spring perches. Thanks again for all the help.

Cadimman

Got all the stuff ordered: Baja shock cartridges, DS shafts, spring perches. Should be running next weekend! Thanks again for all the help! :D

Cadimman

Well I got the stuff today, finally. Even put in the threshold umbrella seals! To my disappointment the stock Rampage MT shock pistons do not fit the DS shafts. Do you just drill them out?

powerslave69

how about this....

RampageHopUps said:
For 5 years that is what people have been saying when they break parts.
"Just running in grass, half throttle, no jumps, and only 1/2 tank"

It's been that way on the Baja forum and started on here now.
how about "My 90 yr. old grandma was driving it with her athritic hands and moving the throttle trigger was agonizing for her and yet my shocks broke anyway. :D hehe

Guess I've been lucky, so far I've managed to break just one lower arm suspension pin and I was bashing like I was possessed!!! :D

Cadimman

powerslave69 said:
how about "My 90 yr. old grandma was driving it with her athritic hands and moving the throttle trigger was agonizing for her and yet my shocks broke anyway. :D hehe
Guess I've been lucky, so far I've managed to break just one lower arm suspension pin and I was bashing like I was possessed!!! :D
Whatever dude. I have owned hundreds of RCs and beat the crap out of them. I break stuff and that's life. But I ruined 2 shocks putting around the field and have a witness. Maybe if all these people claim that's what happened there might be some truth to it. I've got alot invested in this thing blindly. And now another $200 to upgrade the the shocks. All the "ya ya sure sure..." is enough to turn me off Red Cat already. I joined the forum looking for comrodary and assistance but this is annoying. :mad:

Poorest feeling I've got from any of the many websites I've joined.

Deluge: thanks for the help with the pistons. ;)

jeffp83

Cadimman said:
Well I got the stuff today, finally. Even put in the threshold umbrella seals! To my disappointment the stock Rampage MT shock pistons do not fit the DS shafts. Do you just drill them out?
I'm going to be installing the same stuff as you, did you figure out how to get the ramp pistons to fit the shafts? Cheers!

Deluge

Cadimman said:
Whatever dude. I have owned hundreds of RCs and beat the crap out of them. I break stuff and that's life. But I ruined 2 shocks putting around the field and have a witness. Maybe if all these people claim that's what happened there might be some truth to it. I've got alot invested in this thing blindly. And now another $200 to upgrade the the shocks. All the "ya ya sure sure..." is enough to turn me off Red Cat already. I joined the forum looking for comrodary and assistance but this is annoying. :mad:
Poorest feeling I've got from any of the many websites I've joined.

Deluge: thanks for the help with the pistons. ;)
Anytime, dude.

wv74

grass was all it took

RampageHopUps said:
For 5 years that is what people have been saying when they break parts.
"Just running in grass, half throttle, no jumps, and only 1/2 tank"

It's been that way on the Baja forum and started on here now.
my xt didnt last 4 to 5 mins it was on golf course lawn with no more than 1/3 throttle i was going to seat the ring but didnt make it.filled out warrenty you have to mail part back or take picts. well i don't have a camera bought xt instead hpi always treated me right you say 5 years mine come monday 1hour later filling claim go figure now its spend money to send part to see if it warrentied bad part is i like xt

Cadimman

:) Thanks for the help guys! New dark soul shafts, threshold seals, fullforce perches, HPI cartridges, and installed my limiting cables. Bashed it and jumped it. No bent shock shafts here :p

powerslave69

same here

Cadimman said:
:) Thanks for the help guys! New dark soul shafts, threshold seals, fullforce perches, HPI cartridges, and installed my limiting cables. Bashed it and jumped it. No bent shock shafts here :p
Rob, probably made a good point. i've been bashing the hell out of my XT and whatever I broke so far,I'm cool with it, coz' of my hard driving, it's destined to break. Like I said before, if you want to remain it in 1 piece, build a nice shelf for it, and let it sit there like a collectible item or conversation piece. RedCat racing have been more than generous with my requests, not doubting any claim I've made and they were legit complaints too, so Billy of RedCat took care of me without question. my budget lately has allowed me to buy more expensive bashers, but I'll remain a RedCat fanatics for 2 reasons.

1) They make quality product with unheard of prices

2) Customer service is second to none. you can tell they want to keep their customer base and would go out of their way to please us.

So, I just hope no one will take advantage of their generosity coz' that would really sucks! and make the rest of us look bad. And lastly, this the only company I know where the owner and CEO personally exchange email with its customers and take care of them personally whenever he can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts