• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bent shocks

Cadimman

The stock shocks on my MT didnt last 1/2 of a tank!!! Shafts are bent lime wet noodles and I was taking it easy. No jumping. Light throttle and it was on grass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggerman77

Contributor
Man that suxs!! My buddy had the cap come loose under the spring where the shaft goes into the barrel and his looked bent but wasn't just have to put it back together.

Can u post pics???

Cadimman

Recommendations? Is there better shafts to get or just upgrade the shocks? I plan on jumping this thing. If that's not possible I'll sell it!

Triggerman77

Contributor
like rob said on flat grass lol. I say straiten it and bash like hell LOL

Cadimman

Triggerman77 said:
like rob said on flat grass lol. I say straiten it and bash like hell LOL
I still don't get that comment about flat grass.

Btw I wasn't finished my limiting cables yet but was anxious to drive it. I didn't think running on the grass without jumps would harm it. Not impressed.

RampageHopUps

For 5 years that is what people have been saying when they break parts.

"Just running in grass, half throttle, no jumps, and only 1/2 tank"

It's been that way on the Baja forum and started on here now.

Cadimman

Oh. Well it's the truth. I'll be the first to admit I bash hard. I jump 25+ feet. I haven't even caught full speed or even an inch of air with it. That's why I'm disappointed. I heard redcats were junk but took my chances anyway. I have NEVER seen shocks do this!!!

Deluge

This is a heavy truck, if you plan on jumping, then plan on replacing parts. This isn't a T-Maxx and it shouldn't be driven like one. If you want to upgrade, get some 5B lower shock assemblies, you'll need two front sets. Just thread them in, they're a direct fit.

Cadimman

I know it's heavy. I know it's not my savage. The shocks should at least handle what I did today. I was looking at Phatdad shafts. Baja front as well right? With the amount I have into this thing I want the best. I will get my cables done now and I WILL jump it. That's what I do. And if/when I break stuff like that I'm ok. I bash hard and break stuff all the time but never from mild running on flat grass!

Thanks for all the input!

RampageHopUps

It could have been a number of different problems. Take a pic of the broken part and let us see what happened.

Deluge

I run the DarkSoul shafts. And yes, whatever shaft you decide on, you'll need two front sets. Just remember that you need the 5B lower shock assemblies in order to use the shafts.

Link

Cadimman

Sweet. Thank you. I assume spring perches and all fit then?

Deluge

Cadimman said:
Lower shock assemblies = cartridges right? And they thread into rampage shock bodies.
Correct.

And these are the extended spring cups.

Link

Also, if you're getting this stuff through DDM don't forget to use the discount code. You could use DDM or HBF for 5% off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts