• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive

bigfattyj

Hey guys I'm finally ready to purchase the belt drive for my MT but was wondering the difference between the one on eBay right now for $89 from chili racing and the ones that Rc pitstop has for $179? Thanks for any info I don't want to buy the wrong one!!

tony tt

Don't think theres any difference. I ordered one from ebay and it showed up quick. I put it on the other day and it all fit perfectly. haven't ran it yet cause it's been too cold.

blak__jak

tonytt what are you running it on cause as far as i know those won't work on newer m/t with 4 pin drives. i think you have to have older m/t with square drive. you guys let me know if i'm wrong because i have belt drive on my d/r and wouldn't mind having another for my m/t at less than half the price.

bigfattyj

I just looked up belt drive for rampage n it came up as third or fourth item on the list. I just wonder if its gonna fit now after what blak jak said?! Still very curious as why pit stops prices are so much more?! They have to different in some why and now I'm torn n not sure which one to get!

blak__jak

i tell ya i'm pretty sure that's the deal. i bought mine from brian at r/c pitstop and when i asked the same question about pricing that's what he told me. if you look at the belt drive kits on his site he has a kit for 90 some bucks that's the one if you already have the square drive setup if not you need one of the others that come with gear plate and other parts for conversion.

blak__jak

by the way. if you do decide to buy from r/c pitstop you can't beat brian's customer service. great site you can't go wrong when dealing with him.

Sergio

if you have the the mt v3 you need a kit from the pit stop just the belt drive wont fit the regular gear platejust make sure you get the spacers too cause i ordered from the rcpitstop and the spacers ont the mt are different since the belt drive is designed for the xt series when i ordered mine i had some issues becuse of that but rcpitstop has great service i told rcdad about my problem and he sent me a set of spacers free of charge.

but that was a while ago maybe now the set comes complete just talk to him before you place ur order

blak__jak

i went with the 7075 gear plate that r/c pitstop offered it has bigger better bearings.

Fearless

Sergio said:
was this a perfect fit to your Mt and if yes what version do you have?
I have an mt pro v3 and yes it will fit you will only need a clutch bell with an extend rod in order to fit the belt poly.

So you have an idea my xt is running a gear plate from Mt truck but on the case I didn't had to buy a new clutch bell because the xt is long enough, I only had to grind a little in order to fit through the bearing because the spacer on the rod was a bit longer but not a big deal and the thing is working awesome.

http://www.davesmotors.com/rc50029N

Fearless

Sergio said:
was this a perfect fit to your Mt and if yes what version do you have?
I should mention the setup rcdad sell's is a awesome setup with bigger bearings and properly clutch belt, perfect fit bought from him on the past, but he was out of stock, I was anxious about a new belt "like a kid....lol couldn't wait" that's how come I went this direction.

Sergio

Fearless said:
I have an mt pro v3 and yes it will fit you will only need a clutch bell with an extend rod in order to fit the belt poly.So you have an idea my xt is running a gear plate from Mt truck but on the case I didn't had to buy a new clutch bell because the xt is long enough, I only had to grind a little in order to fit through the bearing because the spacer on the rod was a bit longer but not a big deal and the thing is working awesome.

http://www.davesmotors.com/rc50029N
ummm i had trouble with the spacers when i got the kit from the pitstop i asked and i was told the kit had everything i needed for my mt but when i got it the thing wasnt fitting and it was because of the spacers but i was taken care of that is why i was curious.

G

Fearless said:
This kit will not fit the MT or DR. The more expensive kits on my site also include a new clutch, lay shaft, gear plate and bearings which are all needed to mount the belt drive. The basic kit will fit the x series platform but the plastic gear plate should be upgraded.

G

tony tt said:
It ft right onto my MT with no modification at all. I do have the square drive hubs tho.
That is correct. It's the square drive its made for. The newer MT and DR have a different gear plate, clutch bell, and lay shafts which have to be converted. Thus the different kits.

As for the X series, it still needs upgrading. The plastic gear plate and undersized bearings should be replaced when installing the kit.

BoostCreepr

Hey RCDad,

I Just installed my belt drive on my XT. Everything fit great but the belt is pretty tight and when you try to spin the wheels the belt drive move at all. It is pretty tight when you try to turn by hand it takes a little bit of force. Is this normal? Does the belt just need to be run and stretched a little? Thanks.

p.s.

Would the belt benefit from some belt dressing? I use it on my car for the belt and it keeps it tip top. Thanks again.

G

If you push down on the belt where it goes across the top between the drive pulleys, how much does it push down. It should flex about 1/2 inch or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts