• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt Drive XB

csp1971

Contributor
So I've been inactive in RC for the past 18 months. Pulled out the old XB which still looks like new. Became excited for a belt drive, log in here and find that RCDAD has either died or left the country.

Found one on ebay from good ol' Deutchland. Does this look like the correct one?

Also, can the belts be ordered in the states anywhere?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-Drive-V5-1-1-fur-HSP-Himoto-Amewi-Pitbull-X-Redcat-Tuning-HD-Top-Neu-/161517555988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item259b325114

Doozer

Looking to left, don't see "Belt Drives for Less" I've searched for them using google and got zip. Am I missing something? I went to the link posted for Stern, has anyone used them? $100 bucks (with shipping) seems fair, am I correct? Anything I should know before I pull the trigger? They have another one that shows the XB. It's $155 but now it's gone.... oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Doozer

Just ordered mine from Stern-CNC (in Germany) on ebay. You can make them an offer. They want $79 Euros (about $88 bucks) but I offered them 65 and they accepted. The shipping is no more than I get charged by anyone else. I just have to wait a little longer. No big deal, I've got other projects. They do have another drive that offers multiple ratio options. "V8"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161104542261

It's not as cheap as "V5," obviously, and there's no "make offer" option. I did send them a message and the instructions only come in German. I'll need to break out Google translator.

Doozer

Belt Drive came today (a week early) and installed in about 30 minutes (including removing old gears). It was so easy I worried that I did something wrong. The only thing I don't like is the Stern-CNC name stamped largely and dead center into the clear plastic, but that's nitpicking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts