• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt Drive Pullies

G

BoostCreepr said:
Anywhere i can get a different size pully? Want a bigger pinion pully for my xt.
No. However, multi ratio kit is in the works. :D

G

I've been working with them on this all year. The problem has been the Redcat gear plate configuration. The new kit will be more elaborate with an adjustable center shaft. I will post pics as soon as it makes it to production. It will be another great product!

BoostCreepr

Re: Belt Drive Pullies

So are you saying the previous kits we have purchased with the belt drive won't be compatible with the new one because of the center shaft? We can't just swap in a new pulley?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

G

Changing pulley sizes on the current kit caused to many problems with the belt. That is why it has been taking so long. It is so much more complicated than 2 pulleys and a belt. It was back to the drawing board. The current kit will continue to be sold as it has been a great set up.

BoostCreepr

Re: Belt Drive Pullies

Ok. So for us guys who already have the kit, are we looking at buying a whole new kit or will there be an upgrade option?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

G

I don't have any pricing info yet, a they are still in pre-manufacture stage.

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
I've been working with them on this all year. The problem has been the Redcat gear plate configuration. The new kit will be more elaborate with an adjustable center shaft. I will post pics as soon as it makes it to production. It will be another great product!
This makes me giddy. :)

G

Nope.

It requires an adjustable center shaft. A new style plate was designed to accommodate the adjustable idler shaft.

BoostCreepr

alright, will the new style cover fit the original? it looks thicker and more durable, mine broke around the mounting screws and ended up getting mangled and is now usless.

G

Yes. We also have some of the newer style covers for replacements.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts