• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive cover

Sergio

Hi guys i got my belt drive kit and was running it without the cover but i manage to damage a belt with a piece of glass so today decided to put the cover that Came with it and Its not a perfect fit one of the drive pulleys hits it the lower one. I know every one is gonna say use it without it but i feel better that i have it on i have the belt drive on my Mt any help Will be apreciared.

ChuenouXiao

Sergio said:
Hi guys i got my belt drive kit and was running it without the cover but i manage to damage a belt with a piece of glass so today decided to put the cover that Came with it and Its not a perfect fit one of the drive pulleys hits it the lower one. I know every one is gonna say use it without it but i feel better that i have it on i have the belt drive on my Mt any help Will be apreciared.
Yea wow... a piece of glass? Its up to you on the cover but me personally, I think the cover will cause more damage then protect. Haven't tried the cover so I don't know but it seem that there is a possibility that the belt might rub it during high RPM. The clearance is too low for the cover to be put on, or so it seems. If that doesn't mess up the belt, secondly would be the heat generated from the cover being installed (The heat will warp the cover I assume and then cause it to rub on the belt too I assume?). Up to you :D been using with out cover and so far so good :D Had my XB for two year? I think....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sergio

ChuenouXiao said:
Yea wow... a piece of glass? Its up to you on the cover but me personally, I think the cover will cause more damage then protect. Haven't tried the cover so I don't know but it seem that there is a possibility that the belt might rub it during high RPM. The clearance is too low for the cover to be put on, or so it seems. If that doesn't mess up the belt, secondly would be the heat generated from the cover being installed (The heat will warp the cover I assume and then cause it to rub on the belt too I assume?). Up to you :D been using with out cover and so far so good :D Had my XB for two year? I think....
Ok thanks. I guess Its wasnt design properly then i mean like you said Its up to the owner to use it or not personaly i was covering the gears before i had the belt drive and Now i want to use the cover with the belt drive but i guess Its useless if someone designed this thing with a cover at least i want to have the option to use it but going with what your saying i have a useless piece of plastic.

ChuenouXiao

Sergio said:
Ok thanks. I guess Its wasnt design properly then i mean like you said Its up to the owner to use it or not personaly i was covering the gears before i had the belt drive and Now i want to use the cover with the belt drive but i guess Its useless if someone designed this thing with a cover at least i want to have the option to use it but going with what your saying i have a useless piece of plastic.
You can vent the cover by poking holes in them :D That will keep it cool. Just make a custom cover :D

Sergio

Thanks ill see if i can come up with something. What upgrades did you change on your xb what would you recomend besides filter and carb im gonna get most of the 7075 stuff im looking to spend around 1,200

cherryride

you can use the cover for mold and fiber glass or carbon fiber outside,then remove and it will be bigger.

ChuenouXiao

I have lots of upgrade on my XB.

Regarding filter, I'm real picky so currently staying in stock because I don't want to change my linkage. I mostly run on pavement and grass so I'll be fine for now. Been looking at a Uni filter that I like a bit. I have

5.5 hp OBR Pro Stock 30.5cc engine

RCdad pulley kit with MT aluminum gear plate & bearings

Rovan Slick Tires

7075 HPI wheel mount

High tech 5645MG throttle servo

High tech 5755MG steering servo

Jetpro rear pipe

RC Killer bee v2 kill switch

RC Killer bee steel pull start cable

Ultra wide custom sheet metal wing

DDM outerwear filter cover

Brass fuel line kit

8000 RPM clutch pad

Z-RC billet intake manifold

Redcat sawed off short course bumper installed

These are the major upgrade I have. There might be other minor upgrade that I may have not mention :D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

cherryride said:
you can use the cover for mold and fiber glass or carbon fiber outside,then remove and it will be bigger.
That exactly what I told the manufacture to do with the carbon fiber cover. LOL

Sergio

ChuenouXiao said:
I have lots of upgrade on my XB.Regarding filter, I'm real picky so currently staying in stock because I don't want to change my linkage. I mostly run on pavement and grass so I'll be fine for now. Been looking at a Uni filter that I like a bit. I have

5.5 hp OBR Pro Stock 30.5cc engine

RCdad pulley kit with MT aluminum gear plate & bearings

Rovan Slick Tires

7075 HPI wheel mount

High tech 5645MG throttle servo

High tech 5755MG steering servo

Jetpro rear pipe

RC Killer bee v2 kill switch

RC Killer bee steel pull start cable

Ultra wide custom sheet metal wing

DDM outerwear filter cover

Brass fuel line kit

8000 RPM clutch pad

Z-RC billet intake manifold

Redcat sawed off short course bumper installed

These are the major upgrade I have. There might be other minor upgrade that I may have not mention :D
Sounds great is that engine a big difference from the stock?

G

They said "we are working on it".

I honestly think they are waiting on the final design of the multi ratio kit before the start on the cover. Maybe one design can be used on both kits.

G

I have been able to get the cover to fit without rubbing. Some times the screw holes are a little off. Even with a larger cover I still feel the cover is not strong enough. I don't know if they will ever produce the carbon fiber cover. They are not sure if it would sell. It would be a $100+ part just for the cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts