• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt brive

mcrmb1

I order a MT / Dune Runner Belt Drive Kit and when i try to put it on its hitting the side guards. Did i order it wrong or do i need to do something different.

rampagemt

If it is for the dune runner you need to cut a hole for the brake layshaft pulley no way around it otherwise you will have to run without side guard

Chief409

I cut a hole in the sideguard for the brake layshaft pulley, then discovered this dealer in Germany. http://www.chiliracing.com/en/tuning-parts/redcat/ , Carbon Fiber goodness for Red Cats, even the Dune Runner.

At the bottom of the page there is a carbon fiber sideguard extender which eliminates the need for the hole. I'm waiting for this and the carbon fiber brake pads to arrive. Overseas shipments take a bit of time. And hope you catch the exchange rate when it's favorable, I use Pay Pal and you'll know what the USD price is before you buy.

And run with the belt guard installed, including the little plastic piece at the front of the gear plate. Sand and small rocks eat belts for lunch, so protect them!

The belt drive is great. It eliminates the power loss through the gears.

Last edited by a moderator:

nik81818

Bet u could make one with a trip to tap plastics our another store that sells plastic sheets and a dremel might give it a shot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chief409

And miss out on the bling!

I wish they had a carbon fiber body set up for the Dune Runner including the sideguards (extended on the right) like the one for the 5b. It'd be so sweet!

Might get the wing next.

kbreaux100

Chief409 said:
I cut a hole in the sideguard for the brake layshaft pulley, then discovered this dealer in Germany. http://www.chiliracing.com/en/tuning-parts/redcat/ , Carbon Fiber goodness for Red Cats, even the Dune Runner.At the bottom of the page there is a carbon fiber sideguard extender which eliminates the need for the hole. I'm waiting for this and the carbon fiber brake pads to arrive. Overseas shipments take a bit of time. And hope you catch the exchange rate when it's favorable, I use Pay Pal and you'll know what the USD price is before you buy.

And run with the belt guard installed, including the little plastic piece at the front of the gear plate. Sand and small rocks eat belts for lunch, so protect them!

The belt drive is great. It eliminates the power loss through the gears.
great find on the german website, chief409!

Chief409

Thanks! Watch the e-Bay ads on the left side here. I saw something that caught my attention, and as they say, the rest is history!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts